Sunday, August 16, 2015

Seeing new things in the night sky

This past week, I was able to experience 2 things that I have never experienced before. 
Photo Source

Thursday night, around 1 AM, Bill and I went outside to see if we could see any meteors in the Perseid Meteor Shower that was happening. I am 36 years old and I have never seen a meteor before going across the sky. Well, Bill and I were able to see about 4-5 small ones in the 30 minutes or so we were outside. It was really cool, thinking that those are miles away in outer space. It was neat. 

Photo Source
Then, last night, we went outside around 10:40 PM as the International Space Station was supposed to be visible flying over. We were able to see it for about 20 seconds or so before it disappeared in the Earth's shadow. It was blinking brightly moving and then it disappeared. Again, it was really neat seeing it. Makes you feel very small in the scheme of the whole universe. 

I was very glad to be able to experience these things with my hubby. It made it even more special. 

Were you able to see any meteors in the Perseid Meteor showers?
Have you ever seen the International Space Station fly over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment