Monday, February 8, 2016

What are we eating this week?

One of the things that I want to do in 2016 is to plan our dinner menus weekly and post them here for accountability.Breakfasts are usually yogurt and fruit or cereal and fruit for the kids and Bill and I find whatever we are in the mood for. Lunch is usually something quick for Benjamin (chicken nuggets, corn dog, PB and J) with fruit and leftovers for Bill and I. During the school year, Rebecca and Jacob get free lunch at their school. That leaves dinner for the family....

I started menu planning at the beginning of the year and I will say that with a few exceptions, it has worked!







HOW DID WE DO LAST WEEK???


MONDAY::: Ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots--YES

TUESDAY::: grilled chicken and salad--YES

WEDNESDAY::: Hamburger helper and peas--YES

THURSDAY::: Fish, Velveeta shells and cheese, broccoli-- YES

FRIDAY::: Pizza-- We actually had pizza rollups and mandarin oranges, so still pizza-y :) 

SATURDAY::: Chili and grilled cheese-- YES

SUNDAY::: This is Super Bowl Sunday which is a National Holiday according to my dear hubby. I will make him chicken wings and am not sure what I am going to make the kids and I yet. -- I made chicken wings, loaded french fries, and and chicken nuggets.

So overall, a much better week than the week before when we were all sick! I also managed to clean out and organize the freezer and the refrigerator and now I know exactly what I have and what I can fix . Hopefully, this coming week is just as good as last week....

                      So what are we having this week??

MONDAY::: Orange chicken in the crockpot, rice, green beans

TUESDAY::: Lasagna soup casserole and corn

WEDNESDAY::: Cheese pizza and fruit

THURSDAY::: Taco boats, mexican rice, and corn

FRIDAY::: Fish, macaroni and cheese and peas

SATURDAY:::Whole chicken in the crockpot, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans

SUNDAY::: This is Valentine's Day. We will NOT be going back but I will cook my dear husband a steak dinner at home! Steak, baked potato, asparagus and salad. I will probably do chicken nuggets and french fries for the kiddos as that is their favorites! :) 
 
I tend to make our menus out on Sunday night to go from Monday to Sunday. I usually go to the grocery store one day during the week (usually Wednesday but sometimes another day). For this week's menu, I just need to get potatoes and salad stuff.

Hopefully, I will be able to stick to this plan and can report back success next week! 


Do you menu plan? 
Do you have a favorite dinner to share? 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment