Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday (9/19/2016)

Happy Monday!  

This weekend was as busy as I have been in the last 2 months. Maybe this is a sign that I am healing from my surgery?!!....Anyhow,  Friday night I had to take Rebecca to her AHG session where they were assembling "blessing bags" for our local law enforcement. The girls made 104 bags, enough for every police officer in our county! Then Saturday, I had to take Rebecca to her softball game as Bill had to work in Columbus. Saturday evening we went out to my parent's house as my sister was home from college for the weekend and we were going to watch the Ohio State game, until it got delayed due to weather and we headed home. Yesterday, I took the kids to PSR, then church, then I was doing some things around the house, including making a new recipe that my whole family liked!  

Anyhow, now we are at Monday... I have taken the 2 older ones to school. Benjamin and I have been to the grocery store and we have made lime jello together. Now he is watching cartoons and I am going to share what else is going on in my little area of the world (as well as other's if you want to follow along with Sandra's "Happy Homemaker Monday" theme).



On the weather front:::
It is warm and humid here again this week. I had to turn the a/c back on over the weekend as the humidity went high again. It is supposed to be in the upper 80s all week and very warm. 
  
On my bedside table::: 
I have a mirror, lotion, tissue box and a hairbrush
 
On my TV::: 
Ben is currently watching "Miles from Tomorrowland."

I have several episodes of "Chesapeake Shores" on the DVR to watch. We have been watching a lot of football. 

Source

  
Thinking and pondering:::: 
About ways to save money since I am not working right now. Thinking about how to change up my resume.
Brainstorming places to apply to.
 
 
Listening to::::  
The TV, the hum of the laptop, my phone dinging with an alert. 
 
On the menu for this week:::
I actually have somewhat of a plan :)

Monday: Pork chops, julienne potatoes, green beans and crescent rolls
Tuesday: Quesadillas, carrot chips and salad

Wednesday: Sandwiches, fruit and chips
Thursday: Hamburger helper and peas
Friday: Pizza and fruit
Saturday: ?????
Sunday: Baked chicken and broccoli alfredo pasta.  
   
On my To Do List:::
  • Balance checkbook
  • Update resume
  • Clean out purse
  • Put in 4-5 resumes
  • Start work on our vacation photo book
  • Read part of a book for review
  • Post at least 5 things on facebook sell wall
  • Declutter our bedroom closet
 
What I plan on doing for myself this week:::  
Planning on trying to stay positive that things will work out as they are supposed to. Planning on going through my clothes to get rid of what I don't like or doesn't fit so I can feel good about what I wear. 
 
Favorite photo::: 
 
Ben really wanted lime jello, so I bought a box at the store this morning  and he helped me make it when we got home.


Lesson learned the past few days::: 
That I need to learn to listen to my gut and that my husband will support whatever I decide I need to do for myself and for our family. 

I also learned that I need to give my kids more credit than I do. I made a new recipe last night for dinner and I didn't think the kids would eat it as it had rice and broccoli in it. I even told my husband beforehand that they probably wouldn't eat it...however, all 3 ate it and Rebecca even had seconds! Lesson learned to this Momma.  

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::: 





So there you have it. A little bit of homemaking stuff for today. If you would like to read more, please go visit Sandra and all the other blogs that have linked up with her! 

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT MONDAY!!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great week! The picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think he is adorable; but then again I think all my kids are ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm partial to blue jello myself, great picture though! We had to flip our a/c back on around here as well. It is surprisingly balmy around here. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like blue jello too, but I have to watch if I make it because Rebecca is allergic to red dye #40. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete