Friday, October 13, 2017

It has definitely been a Friday the 13th....


It is Friday the 13th in October. It has been a day let me tell you. 

First off, we have been battling sickness in our house. Bill was sick Wednesday and Thursday. I felt bad on Thursday. Rebecca woke up with a fever on Thursday and today. Ben and Jacob have had head congestion. So this whole week has been off. 

That led to today. This morning, I was running late getting errands started since Rebecca stayed home from school. So I got a late start. I headed to Walmart to drop off a prescription. My plan was to drop the prescription off, get the couple things I needed, go to Aldi's (which is right next door), back to Walmart to get prescription, then to Kroger to finish our grocery shopping. Well...what do they say about best laid plans?

Dropped the prescription off at Walmart. Then went to get the things I needed..kitty litter, mop pads, hamburger, and chocolate. I headed over to the grocery side and ran into Rebecca's AHG scout leader. We chatted in the aisle for over 30 minutes. So much for going to Aldis until the prescription was ready. Oh well. I finished getting my stuff, paid for it, picked the prescription up and headed out to my van. Put the stuff in van, returned cart, and headed to Aldis. 

I was in Aldi's about 15 minutes, when I panicked because I didn't remember putting Jacob's prescription for his ADHD in the van. I left my cart in the middle of the aisle and ran out to my van. Not there. I got in the van, and headed back up to Walmart squealing the tires a couple times praying that his prescription was still in the buggy. I got to the aisle I had parked in and saw that the buggy corral had been emptied. Crap. So I kept going up the aisle. I looked at the next corral. And I saw it. I slammed my brakes on in the middle of the road, got out ran over to the buggy and there was his prescription! Thank God! I then got back in the van and headed back to Aldi's. I can't believe that I did that. I am so thankful that no one took it, as it is a controlled substance and we have to get a new prescription every month and there are rules as to when it can be filled, etc. SO THANKFUL that it was still there. 

That put me out of sorts, so I forgot a couple things at the store. It isn't a huge deal. When I went to pick the boys up from school, a friend was having a Friday the 13th day as well. Her husbands paycheck was late getting direct deposited into their account and the bills that come out of this paycheck were taken out early meaning overdraft fees, etc. She was having a day.  

Then my sister was supposed to stop over on her way home from college for her fall break. Thankfully I didn't tell the kids because I got a text from her around 4 that she wasn't coming as her car had to be towed. Apparently her battery had exploded or something. So those plans fell through.

To top off the day, Bill called and his van is acting up. The dashboard went out again. Ughh. 

I have just felt off all day. I will be glad when this day is over. Typically I don't fall in the trap of thinking Friday the 13th is bad, but today has definitely been a day. 




5 comments:

  1. Hope your Saturday the 14th goes much better and is not as scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So lucky that the RX was found-what a horrible day. : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is one heck of a day! I had a (slightly) bad Friday the 13th too! As my husband and I pulled out of the driveway last night, I noticed my headlights didn't seem to be on. After a quick examination, the entire headlight system is messed up - click the headlights to "on" and they are completely dark, click the headlights to just parking lights and they are sort of dimly on. The only thing that still works is my bright lights! Looks like I won't be driving after dark for awhile. LOL
    Hope Saturday is MUCH better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a crummy day, I hope the weekend is better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your bad 13th. I was blissfully unaware that is was Friday all day. (I was out of synch and thought it was Thursday all day long)

    ReplyDelete