Friday, October 6, 2017

What's been happening around here?

Sorry for the blog silence this week. I just haven't felt inspired to write at all. I've just been living my life and doing things day to day. 

I took the kids to the park on Monday as a treat. I cancelled Ben's speech appointment and we headed out to the park after they got out of school. With the news out of Las Vegas, I just felt like I needed to be with them. They loved the change in pace and enjoyed eating their snacks and then throwing rocks in the lake. While we were there, Bill called to ask if what he had heard on the radio was true about Tom Petty. It was just a weird day overall. 




Tuesday, Bill and I headed out to the Bridge of Dreams to walk. We ended up walking part of the Mohican Valley Trail and connecting to the Holmes Country Trail. It was a beautiful walk. After our walk, we ended up going out to lunch before I had to head back home to go tutor. 





Wednesday, I had to get up extra early as I had my babysitting child early. Bill once again was gone most of the day working so I ended up binge-watching "How I Met Your Mother" episodes on Netflix. Wednesday was also the day that after 13 years, my husband agreed to cut the cord with Directv. Over the weekend, he bought a Roku box and an antenna. I am thrilled, as it cuts our TV bill into 1/3 of what we were paying! I honestly never thought Bill would cut the cord, but miracles do happen! 

Thursday was a long day as I had babysitting all day and then 2 tutoring jobs. Last night I actually fell asleep on the couch watching the Cleveland Indians last night in the playoffs. 

Today, I spent the day babysitting and then we went and picked the kids up from school. Now I am sitting here typing this up, while watching "The Jungle Book" with the kiddos as our Friday night movie. 



After they go to bed, then I will make out a grocery list for this weekend and a to-do list. I don't think I have anything on my calender for tomorrow which is nice. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 


8 comments:

  1. Whew! You are busy over there. I always find it's a good idea to turn the news OFF and get outside for a bit when such overwhelming and tragic stories occur. Looks like the kids enjoyed the extra time spent with you. Congrats on saying goodbye to Direct TV. How exactly does a Roku box work? We just have regular TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime (by the way, I did read where you they'll be streaming the Monday Night NFL games or something like that). Hope you get to enjoy a free Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my husband, the Roku box allows us to have different streaming services--- like we have Netflix, Directv Now, Disney, Nick, ESPN, Pandora, etc. all through the same box.

      Delete
  2. When my combined home phone/internet/cable bill got over $200/month I cancelled cable and the home phone. Netflix fills our need to escape from real life. That's fantastic that your bill will be so much less now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been watching Netflix. However, hubby had to have a way to watch his sports! :)

      Delete
  3. did you get a new hair cut/style? You look lovely in the pictures. I know what you mean about just needing to know your kids are safe. It sounds like the change in day was needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAM. In these pictures I hadn't washed my hair yet. I had straightened it the day before and then just brushed it out that morning to walk. It has also grown out a little bit from when I got it cut back in August.

      Delete
  4. I wish my hubby would cut the tv cord but he likes the news channels. I have managed to reduce it down to mostly basic cable though. I think a lot of people were feeling this week like you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. We cut it down to what we could so that my hubby could keep his sports.

      Delete