Thursday, October 12, 2017

Jacob had a good day...

Yesterday, Jacob had a good birthday despite the fact that Bill was sick most of the day. 

Jacob got to take tootsie pops to school as his birthday treat. (We don't have to worry about allergies when sending treats in, but I try to make sure that I send something EVERYONE can have. His teacher said that they had a child with a gluten allergy, so Jacob chose tootsie pops as they are gluten free). 

After school, he came home to find balloons on the table and a couple of small gifts-- a new drawing tablet, and packs of sports cards, which he loved! 






We took him out to the dinner of his choice, as his our birthday tradition. He chose to go to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. It was yummy! 



When we came home, Rebecca, Ben and I sang Jacob Happy Birthday as he blew out candles on his birthday brownie. 





He told me that it was the best birthday ever! 

He has more celebrating to do this weekend, when we invited my parents and siblings over for cake and ice cream on Sunday. 

Another thing that corresponds to Jacob's birthday is that someone is usually sick on his birthday. This year was no exception. Bill was sick yesterday. Today, I have been laying down most of the day as I have gotten a head cold. Rebecca had to stay home from school as she has a fever. Bill was in bed most of the day as well. Hopefully, we will all feel better tomorrow. Thankfully, this came on AFTER Jacob's birthday. Now just to get better so we can keep celebrating Jacob on Sunday.

As for me... I need to go research cake designs...I do know it will have to have something to do with sports! LOL  

1 comment:

  1. At least he was not sick. a birthday brownie sound like a real treat.

    ReplyDelete