Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Small changes can make a BIG difference!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today the sun is out and it is supposed to be in the mid-60s today. Tonight and through next Tuesday it is supposed to be cloudy and stormy/rainy. I am hoping to get out to walk/hike with the kids and Bill later this afternoon.



First though, I thought I would pop on here real quick to do a quick odds and ends post with pictures highlighting some things I have done to make my home a bit more happy or organized during this COVID-19 Stay at home time. Since we have been spending most of our hours at home, I found a couple of areas that needed a facelift or could use a pick-me-up. And it is true that small changes can make a huge difference!  

First up was in our living room! Our couch and loveseat are old. They have dark blue covers on them that are old. We have cats and kids; new furniture is not in our budget right now so we work with what we have. I have had Christmas pillow covers on our couches since before Christmas.  I finally decided it was time to switch them out. We had a dark brown blanket with a deer on the back of the loveseat so the cat won't scratch the corners and a snowman covered blanket on one corner of the couch. I ordered pillow covers and a new blanket off of Amazon (using some Swagbucks credit that I had to cover half of the pillow covers)for the loveseat. I reused a bright pink snuggie covered in owls (as it had that pop of teal that I love) over the couch corner to replace the snowman blanket. I 💖 the new look! Makes me smile!


BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER
I did a big organizing project in my mud room/pantry. I bought a new wire shelf to put in and organize my canned/boxed goods. I have been trying to make a little stockpile so wanted to be organized to see what we have and if there are any gaps. I love how it turned out.


BEFORE (view from back door)
  
BEFORE (view from the door in the kitchen)


AFTER

AFTER

Bill cleaned out the side flower bed for me and put down red mulch and some metal flowers that I picked up at Dollar General a couple weeks ago. This bed does not get much sun. It is also right next to the driveway so I don't want to put real flowers down that people can step on when they get out of their cars.


AFTER

AFTER (Close-up of one of the metal flowers)

These are just a couple little things that are making a big difference and giving a quick uplift to a place that we are sheltering in. Sometimes you don't realize the difference just making a few simple changes will make. Have you changed anything up in your house during this "Stay-at-Home" time?   

14 comments:

  1. Your post makes me want to go clean and arrange our house a bit better. Love the update you gave to your sofa! Your pantry/mud room looks great and those metal flowers are so cheerful. Hope you are out enjoying the sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Those metal flowers were a total impulse buy but they make me smile! We did get out to enjoy the sunshine and it felt so good as it is back to rain today!

      Delete
  2. Your mudroom is great space! The additional shelving is useful to keep clutter out of your living spaces. I desperately need to make lots of little changes to add up to big differences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes up for a small kitchen and it allows me to kind of have a pantry area. I am thinking I may need to get one more set of the metal shelves but I am not sure yet.

      Delete
  3. I really need some of those shelves to get things in the kitchen organized. It all looks great. We all need to change things up a bit sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little changes do pack a wallop. Things are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Rachel!
    Awesome job.
    Very inspirational, too.
    Stay safe and healthy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. email: visacreditcardsolution@gmail.comGET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE*
    **We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers
    worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000
    spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.**

    **WHAT WE OFFER**

    *1)WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS/MONEY GRAM TRANSFER*
    *2)BANKS LOGINS*
    *3)BANKS TRANSFERS*
    *4)CRYPTO CURRENCY MINNING*
    *5)BUYING OF GIFT CARDS*
    *6)LOADING OF ACCOUNTS*
    *7)WALMART TRANSFERS*
    *8)BITCOIN INVESTMENTS*
    *9)REMOVING OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD*
    *10)BANK HACKING*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys regards to hackatmcardofficials am Elisa Brace I wanna tell you a bit about my experience on this card called hack BLANK ATM CARD which can be use to withdraw money on any ATM machine without even having an account or even money on account, and you can also use the hack ATM card to order things online,it is a registered card you don't have to be scared to buy one and use it it works real like magic ,I have heard about this card long time ago I was carefully searching so i don't get scam over this, search about it on net about the service and never so during the lock down i finally gave a try not minding the outcome i was surprise when the courier service called me and delivered it to me here in my home here Texas USA .
    I was so happy and had to go down to the walmart close to me and used it on the atm machine and I was suprise I cashed out over $5,500 bucks and had to pay for 3 cards which i got huge bucks outta it. living a good live now in my new house with a nice car i got from this.the truth is i paid $400 both the delivery and programming of the card which withdraws maximum of $5,500 was told it will work for a whole year cashing out $5,500 daily, note this card was not given free you will pay to get your desire amount of card mail them and follow their instructions on the the cashing out amount this is a welcome development guys contact them if you are really in need of huge financial support via their official email: blankatmdeliveryxpress@gmail.com thanks for reading stay safe i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to share my testimony on how i got the blank ATM card. I was so wrecked that my company fired me simply because i did not obliged to their terms, so they hacked into my system and phone and makes it so difficult to get any other job, i did all i could but things kept getting worse by the day that i couldn’t afford my 3 kids fees and pay my bills. I owe so many people trying to borrow money to survive because my old company couldn’t allow me get another job and they did all they could to destroy my life just for declining to be among their evil deeds. haven’t given up i kept searching for job online when i came across the testimony of a lady called Judith regarding how she got the blank ATM card. Due to my present state, i had to get in touch with Hacker called OSCAR WHITE of oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com and he told me the procedures and along with the terms which i agreed to abide and i was told that the Blank card will be deliver to me without any further delay and i hold on to his words and to my greatest surprise, i received an ATM card worth $4.5 million USD , All Thanks to OSCAR WHITE , if you are facing any financial problem contact him asap email address is oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com or whats-app +1(323)-362-2310

    ReplyDelete