Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday...

Happy Saturday! Anyone have any grand plans this weekend? I don't, unless you count cleaning house. LOL In fact I am procrastinating getting started because I just don't feel like it, although it needs to be done. 

Maybe my mood stems from a weird day yesterday and just fatigue of the whole Coronavirus crap. First for posterity sake here are the current numbers for Ohio: Last week Ohio was at 21,969 cases, 1,185 deaths, and 20 confirmed cases in my county. Today Ohio is at 25,349 cases, 1,431 deaths, and 21 confirmed cases in my county. (Up until yesterday we had no new cases in our county in 9 days-- most of the cases in our county were exposed outside of our county at their jobs).

Now back to yesterday being weird. The weather was weird. We had a chance of strong storms all day and the air just kind of felt heavy. Bill took the boys to the dump first thing in the morning as our city is having a clean up week where you can take a load to the dump for $10 and the city will pay the rest. Bill cleaned out some stuff from the basement including a HUGE tv that didn't work anymore. By taking it this week it saved us almost $50. The boys loved going to the dump with Bill. In fact, Ben kept telling everyone he saw that his dad took him to the dump. LOL

Yesterday was all the kids' last day of remote learning (as they have all their work done and caught up). It was sad in a lot of ways and there were emotions all over the place. Yesterday I also had my niece and nephew here as my mom had to work and my sister and her girlfriend (who has been watching them) were going up to Cleveland so that they could participate in Cecilia's drive thru graduation ceremony. We got school work completed. I took Ben and Ethan with me to pick up their lunches at the school. 



While we were there we saw a C-130 aircraft from the Ohio National Guard fly over as they were doing a flyby of all the Ohio hospitals yesterday as a thank you to all the doctors and nurses working on the front lines against the virus. It was neat to see, although was depressing to think there was a need for this. Ben had his last Zoom meeting with his class and just the overall air of sadness was too much. Ben was whiny and irritable all day and I think that was the reason. I ended up taking a 3+ hour nap late yesterday which apparently I needed.



Last evening we were blessed with a rainbow in the sky though. I was loading the dishwasher and looked out to see it. Was a nice sight to see and reminded me that although things are strange, uneasy, etc. there are also blessings to be had. I have been blessed to be able to help the boys with their schooling. It has given me a new appreciation for where their needs are and what we can work on this summer. I have been blessed that I am able to watch my niece and nephew when my mom needs it. I am blessed that Bill still has his job and we are making things work. 

This morning, I woke up feeling okay but with not a lot of energy to do things. That could be because Jacob came in at 8:15 to tell that someone was at the front door and it was the FedEx man. Well I ran downstairs as he was getting back into his truck. He came back up to the house to hand me my package. I had ordered a new cell phone as mine is almost dead (won't keep a charge for more than a couple hours when not used and when using only about an hour. It is also 4 years old so time for it to go. AND I got a message it is so old it will be completely unable to be used on the network after December) and supposedly I was had to sign for it. Well he said I didn't, they just needed to make contact with an adult for the package. 

The sun is out and it is supposed to be in the low 70s. Tomorrow it is supposed to be very warm but also very stormy with heavy rains. I think I might try to get the family out to the bike path or for a walk today. It is pretty muddy to go hiking but we shall see what the day brings. I also have a laundry list of to-dos that I would like to do this weekend that I could be working on including trying to get the phone set up. 

Well, the natives are getting restless as they want lunch. So I guess I need to go feed the kiddos and get something done. What's on your agenda for today or this weekend? Whatever it is, make it a good one.    

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a new phone! Sounds like your phone was even older than mine and it's hard to say that (I'm deleting stuff all the time just to run the apps I do need). End of the school year feels very weird this year. It's almost like we just never returned from a break or something. Hopefully, your summer will be amazing and the kids can put the sadness behind them. Gorgeous rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mine was like 4 years old. And it actually stopped working completely yesterday afternoon, so it was good that my new phone came in. I was able to get a great deal. Only $70 for a $200 phone as they were offering a special deal since mine was so old. LOL I hope you and your family have a great summer as well!

      Delete