Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy birthday Bill and a cookout yesterday!

Before I talk about what we did yesterday, I want to start this post off by wishing my husband a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Bill turns 48 today. So I want to first off wish a happy birthday to my intelligent, funny, caring, loving, opinionated, Marvel and Star Wars loving, father and husband! Happy birthday Bill! The kids and I love you! 


Back to yesterday; when I wrote I wasn't sure what we were going to do as it was really warm out and we didn't have any plans. Well, shortly after I wrote my dad called and we decided to have a cookout and family get together yesterday instead of today. So, I looked in our freezer and volunteered to bring over hot dogs, buns and make a macaroni salad to bring. (I ended up making Amish macaroni salad-- it is SO GOOD!) 

Our cookout was a lot of fun. There was good food. Lots of laughs. Games of corn hole were played. 





Games of badminton were played. 


Toss and catch games were played.



Good food was eaten including the first freeze pops of the Summer. 



The kids had a ton of fun. 


My parents also gifted Bill a case of his favorite beer for his birthday. It even had a little bit of craziness when Jacob slipped going down the hill in their backyard and ended up in a huge mud puddle covered from head to toe in mud. (Unfortunately I didn't get any photos as he was crying and scared!) But it was enough that he needed a shower and then thankfully he was able to borrow a pair of shorts from his cousin and a shirt from my dad. Overall, it was a very good day! 

We got home late and it was HOT in our house. Even though it was late, Bill installed the window air conditioners upstairs in our bedrooms while the kids got showers. 

Today, Rebecca has baked the cakes for Bill's cake. They are currently in the freezer cooling so that she can decorate them. Ben is watching "Mulan" and Jacob is playing in the dining room. I need to fold some laundry and wrap a couple presents for Bill. I think we are just doing a low-key day today as it supposed to be HOT and humid today. 

What are you doing today? Are you doing anything to commemorate Memorial Day? Whatever you are doing, I hope you have a great Monday! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful family get together! Glad you got your a/c in order, summer seems to finally be making it's way around. We had warmer weather yesterday but today is a bit more cloudy and cool so far. We're not doing anything special. Just hanging out. Hope your husband has a wonderful birthday and you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. It is supposed to be HOT all this week, before storming on Friday then maybe cooler temperatures this weekend. Oh well, it is the unofficial start to Summer so better get used to the hot weather! LOL Have a great week!

      Delete