Sunday, May 24, 2020

Looking for fairies 🧚🧚 and date night!

Happy Sunday! Yesterday the weather turned out to be beautiful. It was close to 80 degrees. The sun was out and we were looking to get out of the house in the afternoon. This is also Bill's birthday weekend (well technically his birthday is Monday!). Usually we go to the Utica Ice Cream Festival, however that was cancelled this year. 😞 So his request was to get Rooster's Wings πŸ”πŸ” for dinner. Well, the closet Rooster's is a 40 minute drive. I wanted to find something to do so it wasn't just drive and pick up food to bring home. (Rooster's is still closed for dine-in service, and I am still not comfortable eating IN a restaurant.) 

I found that there was a nice park with hiking trails not to far from there. Infirmary Mound Park is actually in Granville, Ohio (which is also home to Denison University from where I graduated from way back in 2001!). They have a fairy trail that I thought the kids would get a kick out of. 🧚 So we headed out there first. 

The park was really nice. There was a huge lake where several people were fishing. We walked the 🧚 trail, but didn't do any of the other trails as the trails were VERY muddy (which given the amount of rain we have had lately was understandable). The kids got a kick out of finding the fairy houses and Ben and Jacob both said they saw something moving in a couple of the houses πŸ˜‰ 













Infirmary Mound Park was really nice. We will have to go back to explore more of it when it dries up a bit. I told the kids that this was going to be known as "The Summer of Hikes." πŸ₯ΎπŸ₯Ύ Since most of our usual plans can't happen due to COVID-19, I am looking to take advantage of all the different hiking places within an hour of our house. Should be fun!







As we got back to the van, I ordered Bill and I food from Rooster's to pick up. As I was getting ready to close the van doors, Rebecca exclaimed "There's a turtle by your door!" Sure enough there was a tiny turtle 🐒 on the ground next to our van. I picked it up to show the kids and then placed it in the grass in the direction it was heading (toward the pond) so that no one would run it over. It was really cute. 




We picked our food up and headed home. Before we got home, we got the kids McDonald's for dinner as it was after 6pm. Bill and I ate outside on the porch for what has kind of become our weekly date night, while the kids ate in the living room and watched T.V. Unfortunately, I developed a huge headache and went to bed early last night. 


He is super happy he got his wings! 

This morning, I have gone to the grocery store and got gas for my van. One benefit of only shopping at Kroger is that I had amassed $0.70 off a gallon to use. This meant that I only paid $1.07 a gallon! I was pleased with that price. Especially since the BP across the street was charging $1.99 a gallon.

I have watched Mass online. Next week, they are supposed to start having Mass in person again but with limited people allowed in the church. I probably won't go to church for a while. (The bishop has granted a dispensation until the middle of September saying it is not a sin if we don't go to Mass.) They are supposed to stream it as well so that is what I will be doing.  

The kids are watching "Tarzan" on TV. I am not sure what fun we will get into today. The weather is supposed to be really warm and humid for this week so that will affect some of what we do I am sure. For now, I need to go think about lunch for the kiddos; I will have leftover wings :) 

Do you have any fun plans for today or tomorrow for Memorial Day? Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you have a great day! πŸ˜ƒ 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, religious institutions. I'm glad you don't feel pressured to have to physically be in church, but having little knowledge of strict Catholicism, it's not my place to have an opinion. The trail seems fun-your family has gad some nice days out. Happy Birthday to Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely NOT a strict Catholic but I do get those feelings of Catholic guilt since I was born and raised Catholic. LOL I am not sure how going back to Mass is going to look, but I for one am not ready to face that yet. The trail was a cute diversion. I am trying to make sure we make some good memories in these times of uncertainty and craziness.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see the fairy house trail. I doubt anyone will go to hell for not attending church/mass. Happy Birthday to Bill. It is almost 5 pm on Sunday and nothing is happening except war/patriotic movies. We are going to eat at a train place and in the car with food brought from home on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben loves watching trains and would love to watch them while we ate. Hope you had a good day!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Bill! That fairy house trail looks like lots of fun. One of our local outdoor gardens did one last year (year before?) and it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. Yours looks more like what I expected from ours.
    Been a pretty slow weekend around here though my husband did take today off, not sure about tomorrow. We did loads of yard work today. I'd like to get some more flowers but don't want to put myself in the crowds so I'll probably wait. Hope you've had a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. The fairy trail was really cute. Getting yard work accomplished is always a good thing. Hope you found some time to rest too!

      Delete