Saturday, September 12, 2020

Bill was fired

Thursday pretty much sucked. 

Bill was fired from his new job. 

She gave the excuse that he locked the doors and turned the lights out during the tornado warning on Monday and that he was not authorized to do that. She also complained about him working overtime the last 2 weeks (0.75 hours over each week) (He was the manager...most managers I know work 50-60 hours at minimum. She wanted him under 40). AND she also said that she learned that he has Aspergers and that was not brought up in the interview and she can't deal with that. It is what it is. He has a couple of interviews lined up early next week. 

I have been dealing with keeping active and busy. I rode my bicycle 15+ miles over the course of Wednesday and Thursday. Been trying to stay busy with the kids. We took them to a new to us state park today to hike. (I will share about that next week.)

Tomorrow I go back to teaching our church's PSR class for 5th grade. Jacob is excited because I will be his teacher. (Teaching the 5th grade class also means that my kids can attend the classes for free. I am there anyways to take the kids so it makes sense to volunteer to teach.) Not sure yet if we will attend church after or not. Not still comfortable with being around a large number of people. 

8 comments:

  1. Just so you know I can't comment on her other reasons for firing but I would believe it is illegal to fire someone for Aspergers or any other disabilities under the American disability act. He needs to file a complaint about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said the same thing. His focus right now is finding another job, but he is considering filing a complaint.

      Delete
  2. File a complaint. He is not obligated to inform her of a disability. And, if she did and hired him, she has to accommodate him. Are there written guidelines as to what to do during a tornado warning? If not, she is out of line. As to the hours worked over, 45 minutes all week should not be a firing offense either. Maybe you can own this pizza place or whatever it is. Don't consider filing a complaint; plan to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Rachel. I know you both know your options, so will just lend a supportive thought. Keep doing what you all do as a loving family-your kids are very lucky to have you as a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. That must be very stressful. And I do think as the others stated above the circumstances sound illegal. Hopefully, he'll find a much better fit in his next job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lady tried to scam him from the start with his pay....I hope he finds something better quickly, but in the meantime report her....she is likely a serial problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all the other comments. I would definitely file a complaint or at least try to get unemployment. Those do not seem like credible reasons to fire someone.

    ReplyDelete