Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Rebecca and I went on an adventure

 Happy Tuesday and Happy First Day of Fall! 

Today is an in school day for the kiddos so I am trying to get some things done at home. I have a to do list a mile long but decided to pop on here real quick as a break. LOL 

This past Sunday I woke up in a mood. Not a good mood, not a bad mood, just a mood that I really didn't want to be at home but didn't know what I wanted to do. I just felt stuck at home and in our town. Bill and I ended up arguing as he wanted to stay home and get some stuff done (he was complaining that the bathrooms were a mess and laundry was piled up) and I just finally said "I don't want to be here." So he told me to go and take some time to walk. The thing is I am SICK of all the paths around here. Yes they are beautiful, but when you have walked them umpteen times since April they get boring. 

I started scrolling through Facebook to see if I could get any ideas (I belong to a couple pages that are about day trips). Several people mentioned Blackhand Gorge and I decided to go there. I told Rebecca she needed to get out of the house too (and off her phone) so we were going to go on an adventure! 

It took about 40 minutes from our house to get there. The drive was well worth it as the trail was GORGEOUS! (Rebecca was a little bummed that we were going hiking, but she soon got over it!)











We ended up walking about 2.72 miles along the path. 

We will definitely go back in a few weeks when the fall colors are popping. 

After we walked, we decided to head into nearby Newark to get some lunch. We decided to get Wendy's and head to Velvet Ice Cream to eat at one of their picnic tables. I was originally going to treat us to ice cream after lunch, but the line to get in to get ice cream was too long for us (someone told us they waited 1 hour in line to get their ice cream and the line was longer when they were telling us that!) So we ended up just enjoying our Wendy's and looking at the ducks. I had to laugh as they had a live band playing as well, and they were way off tune and it was driving Rebecca nuts! She takes here music very seriously and they were driving her insane. I didn't notice it at first but then they went into a cover of "Sweet Home Alabama" and I could tell that they were butchering it! 





Then we headed out to Utica to stop by my parents' house to drop off some asparagus that I had gotten way too much off. 

It was a nice way to get away for the day. I need to do these little types of adventures more often. 

One way that I am going to give myself permission to do these though is to make sure I am staying on top of housework. So I need to get back to it. I have some kitchen stuff to do today and several loads of laundry to do. It is always something! 

Do you ever decided to go on a day time adventure? 


2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking some time for yourself!
    I had planned on going off on day trips by myself for several years, but then things went south with Mom and I needed to be around home for her. Since her death it has been one thing after another taking care of her house and estate. One day! And now that all the covid mess has hit my sisters office is not reopening. She had planned on retiring in a few years anyway, so we have decided we are going to start day tripping as soon as we get Mom's things finished and the house on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reward my having done housework. Maybe you can say to yourself--I have to do (list) and then I can go out and have fun in nature.

    ReplyDelete