Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday Catch-Up

Happy Saturday everyone! Hope everyone is having a beautiful day! Here the weather is PERFECT-- it is sunny but only about 76 degrees with no humidity! I have all the windows open here in the house and it just feels so good. I have been a bit busy today as we went on a walk, fixed lunch, paid all our bills for the month, am doing laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, deep cleaned the bathroom, etc. That is kind of how my Saturdays are shaping up to be. 😁 

In all actuality the last few days have been busy. Thursday I had a new to me tutoring client in the morning. After she left, Bill and I went on a walk. We were originally going to go check out the trails at the park near the waterfall, but we had rain the day before and Thursday morning so we stuck to the bike path in Howard. It was a nice walk with critters! We saw a snake on the path, some Muscovy ducks, and caterpillars! (I will share their pictures tomorrow in my Sunday Nature Photos post.) It was a nice walk and was great to spend some alone time chatting about things. 



After we got home from our walk we had lunch. Then we picked kids up from school. Then Bill took his junker of a van that is pretty much dead down the road to meet up with a guy that buys junk vehicles. He offered Bill $150 for the van, which considering it has a major brake fluid leak, a major coolant leak, probably other leaks that we don't know about, the heat doesn't work and the head gasket is gone I was okay with that. I am just glad to be done with the piece of junk! 


Friday morning I was up bright and early as I had my niece and nephew as they didn't have school due to a teacher work day. My kids had a virtual day-- the boys' first with their school issued Chromebooks. Jacob did most of his work on his own. Benjamin needed some more help as we had some issues with the math website loading correctly. Finally after emailing his teacher, we got it figured out after Ben's teacher went in and manually changed settings on the program for each kid (basically the program thought all the 3rd graders were 5th graders and synced it to the 5th grade curriculum). Rebecca had a ton of work to do for her classes. 



After the boys finished their work, I took all the kids out to the Heart of Ohio Trail to do a 40 minute walk or so. It was nice out in the shade with a nice breeze. Then we came home for lunch! 




Today the boys have been playing with their toys. Ben gets a kick out of lining his superheros up and playing with them. 


I let Rebecca choose where we were going to go walk this morning and she chose the Kokosing Gap Trail at Gambier but going the way we typically don't go. So that is what we did. The weather was absolutely perfect for walking! There was a TON of people out running, walking and biking along the path- more than I have ever seen. We ended up walking 3.3 miles. When we got back to the trail head I let the kids climb on the train which is a favorite activity of Jacob and Ben. 








This afternoon, the boys are playing. Ben is still playing with his superheroes. Jacob is watching college football on TV as well. He doesn't care that it is Marshall versus Eastern Kentucky, he is just so happy to have real football on TV. 



Not sure what else we will get into today. I think we might do date night for dinner tonight. I have laundry to do and an organizing project that I want to tackle but I might wait until tomorrow or Monday to tackle that. I still need to clean the upstairs bathroom. 

What are you up to today? Are you having good weather? Are you doing anything special during this Labor Day weekend? 

9 comments:

  1. I just started my birthday week celebration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A birthday week celebrations sounds like fun!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter has such a pretty smile. Lovely family. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost forgot abut sports! I know there is still some things, but it just is not the same when not seeing people dressed and ready to go on site. You sure are making the most of the good weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't the same but it is a little slice of normal for the kids! Our weather has been fabulous this past week so it makes it easier to get outside! :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you are getting nice weather to get out and hike! We had some nice weather yesterday and I picked up some fall flowers but we woke up to rain today. Made it hot for the afternoon. Just a lazy weekend around here. Hope you are having a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a lazy weekend is what the doctor ordered ;)

      Delete