Thursday, August 19, 2021

Back to school

Happy Thursday everyone! Are you have a good week? Mine hasn't been too bad. Monday, I spent the day at home getting some stuff done...aka laundry! Tuesday, I had a very busy day with taking Rebecca to the high school to pick up her schedule and find her locker and classes, to CVS, to Kroger, home to put groceries away, babysit, Bill took Jacob to the middle school for his open house, and then I took Ben to his school for his open house. Yesterday, we didn't go anywhere but just hung out at home for the last day of Summer Vacation. We were treated to a nice surprise last night, when a rain shower came in out of nowhere when it had been sunny and left us with a nice rainbow in the sky. Seemed fitting to end Summer break. 



That meant that this morning bright and early was BACK TO SCHOOL!!! 

The kids were excited to go back to school. 

This year Rebecca is a FRESHMAN! Seems like just yesterday I was taking her into her Pre-K class. 



Jacob is starting middle school. He is in 6th grade this year!


 

Benjamin is in 4th grade this year and has the same teacher that Rebecca had when she was in 4th grade! 



I am not sure how this school year will turn out. Our school district is not requiring masks right now, but allowing the parents to decide. They had permission slips at open house that you needed to fill out if you wanted your child to wear a mask. Although like Ben's teacher said, I am sure masks will be mandated sooner rather than later. I just pray that my kids have a happy, healthy and encouraging school year this year no matter what happens. 

I will admit that I teared up after dropping Rebecca and Jacob off to school. Thankfully, the high school and middle school share a campus so I dropped Rebecca off in one spot and then drove down the lane to drop Jacob off in another spot. We walked Ben to school this morning. I can't wait to hear how their first days went!

Well, I am off to make some lunch before my babysitting kiddo gets here. Today is my last day with her as she officially starts Kindergarten tomorrow! 

Hope everyone is having a good day! Any fun plans for today?   

10 comments:

  1. It will be a busy dinner table! I hope they all stay eager the whole year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely in super busy mode here!

      Delete
  2. They all look so happy. I hope they have a good school year. Rebecca looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New School Year!
    What beautiful, happy kids you have there, my friend.
    Prayers for a happy, healthy, stress free year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the school year is great for all of them! It is kind of exciting to start new schools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting, but overwhelming too for the kids and us as parents as we know need to navigate 3 schools instead of 1 or 2. We will fall into a routine of sorts at some point I am sure.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful rainbow picture! Hope your kids have had a wonderful start to the school year! I'm so amazed at how different each area is in regard to masks. The high school didn't need them here over most of the summer but as numbers increased, school started today with masks required for now. Seems so odd to me that you'd need to sign a permission slip for your kid to wear a mask. Of course, I'm hoping we can get rid of them again soon. Hope you and your kids have a happy and healthy school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I think the permission slips are so that the school will follow the parents' wishes in regards to mask wearing. This way they know which kids are supposed to have masks on. In our school district only one school is requiring masks so far and that is because their village just put in a mask ordinance for a month. We have been told though that they are monitoring each building and if absences due to COVID are over 10% then they will start requiring masks. It is an ever changing situation.

      Delete