Monday, August 9, 2021

Peaches and Sunflowers

Happy Monday everyone! This is our 2nd to last Monday before the kids head back to school and Summer break is over. 😟 It seems like the last month has flown by. I have tried really hard to be intentional in doing activities with the kids that will make memories as well as get me out of the house as my physical health will allow. On Saturday, I decided to take the kids peach picking at the farm where we usually go apple picking, Legend Hills Orchard. At the last minute, I texted my mom to see if she wanted to go and we ended up meeting up with my mom, my dad and my niece and nephew. 

We had a lot of fun. This is the first year in a long while that they have had a bumper crop of peaches. (Unfortunately it looks like most of their apple crop got damaged by frost earlier in the year.) We have never been peach picking so it was a fun activity for the kids. The peaches are delicious. 









After peach picking, we walked over to their sunflower field. So, in our area there are several farms that have sunflower fields. Most of them charge admission (like $5-$10 per person) to even walk through the fields and it is like $3-$5 per stem if you want to cut your own sunflowers. Well, at Legend Hills, it was FREE to walk through and only $1 a stem to cut your own! The sunflowers were gorgeous and it was so peaceful walking through. We got some good photos of the kids and it was a great experience. 












After, we headed back to my parents house as they live 5 minutes from the farm to grab a quick bite to eat. Then the girls (me, my mom, Rebecca and Lacie) went shopping to get Rebecca some yarn and some new shoes for school. The boys (my dad, Ben, Jacob and Ethan) stayed back and shot bows and arrows and did archery. It was a truly fun Saturday!






Today, I need to clean house, do laundry (as always), send out some emails, and just putter around the house. It is supposed to feel like over 100 degrees today so I will be staying inside and out of the heat. 

What are you up to today? Any fun plans this week? Have you ever picked peaches and/or sunflowers?  

 

4 comments:

  1. Those peaches look amazing, and gorgeous sunflowers! My kids head back to school next Monday. It's gone so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember going peach picking with my parents. Fun memory! And visiting a sunflower field is always on my list of things I'd like to do. Looks like you are really enjoying your final days of summer vacation with the kids. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I had ever been to a sunflower field! It was so pretty. I am trying to enjoy these last few days since we really didn't do a whole lot this summer.

      Delete