Thursday, August 5, 2021

I graduated and Rebecca got a hair cut!

Happy Thursday evening everyone! Hope you had a good day! Thank you for the kind words on my last post. I'm not really sure what was going on last week. I just have to remember that I am still recovering and who knows how long recovery will be. I am a lot farther along in my recovery now than I was even 2 months ago!  

Speaking of recovering, I "graduated" from cardiac rehab on Wednesday! Yahoo! If you remember I started cardiac rehab back in May. Since then I have gone to the hospital to work out 3 times a week, working my way up to the maximum workout levels-- 4 machines at 10 minutes each at high levels and working out with weights. To give you an idea of where I had to exercise, here is a photo of one part of the exercise center....



Anyways, so Wednesday was my last session. After my last session, I was given a certificate and a t-shirt to mark the end of my time there. In the time I was there I lost 10.2 pounds, 0.5 inches off my waist. My blood pressure came down a few points as well. I do feel stronger, although I have to really watch my heart rate when pushing at the higher levels as it doesn't like to come down when I am pushed. My session actually took about 15 minutes longer as my heart rate didn't want to come down below 92. LOL 




So what now? Well, I ordered an exercise bike for here at home. My parents bought me a rowing machine for my birthday. I HAVE to keep up the exercise. Today, I walked 1.56 miles with the kids and Bill. Honestly, the worst thing for me was the heat and humidity. I can't deal with the humidity like I used to. However, I am learning to rest and be give myself grace when I get frustrated because I am exhausted after working out. I've got this. I just have to stay strong and focused. 

Yesterday, after my graduation session, I came home and did a few things at home before taking Rebecca to get her hair cut. A couple weeks ago, she texted me a 2 page google document that she had single-spaced typed that gave me arguments of why I should allow her to get her hair cut super short. I decided to let her as it is only hair. She wasn't asking for a facial tattoo or anything like that. So I asked friends if they had anyone they would recommend and the same name kept coming up. So I made her an appointment and yesterday was the day. Here is the before....


And then the after....


Rebecca LOVES her new hair and I think it turned out super cute! 

Like I said today we took a walk and I took some nature photos which I will share in another post. 



Tomorrow, I think I am taking the kids to the store to get some dress clothes for church. Last week we returned to going to our church and the boys didn't have any church clothes that fit. We don't dress super dressy for church, but the boys wore a Spongebob t-shirt and a WWE t-shirt, so they need some nicer polos and shorts. I think we will hit up Goodwill first to see what we can find. We have 2 more weeks until school starts, so I am also trying to make sure I spend some quality time with the kids so I am also making some plans for this weekend while also trying to take some time for rest. It is a hard balance for sure.   

Well, Ben wants me to go color with him, so I am going to sign off for now. Hope you have a nice night! What's going on in your corner of the world?  

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to you. I know it has been hard for you to have to slow down. Sadly people still underestimate some of the side effects of Covid.
    Rebecca looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is what is frustrating. People don't understand the effects that COVID can have, even months after you have it. Rebecca says thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  2. Wow..nice capture. We hope this article has been informative to some people. If you are looking for this kind of information, then check out the new article about 8 best alien name generator websites free . This article provides a lot of information that is related to generate an alien name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your graduation! Super cute haircut for Rebecca. Looks perfect for hot, humid weather. Balance is indeed very hard to figure out. Hope you have a wonderful weekend full of all the good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how her curls form and frame her beutiful face and smil! Plus, it lookslike shoudl she decide to grow out again, it will be a cute styel at any length. I'm happy fo ryou that you are getting stronger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She absolutely loves her haircut. She hasn't stopped smiling! :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your graduation and the weight loss. Keep it up. I love her haircut! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on graduating from Cardiac Rehab! I am so proud of you! And losing weight too! Girl, you DID that!! I also think Rebecca's hair is adorable. She is going to love the easy care of it!

    ReplyDelete