Monday, August 2, 2021

Birthday Week Recap

Happy Monday everyone! How was everyone's weekend? Seems like once a week is about what my blogging is like these days. It is what it is.

Last week was my birthday week. I turned 42 on Wednesday. Quite honestly, last week was kind of rough. I was exhausted everyday and just was super tired. Not really sure what was going on. I do know that I was also dealing with some depression with my health issues. I am extremely frustrated that I am not back to normal after almost 3 months of cardio rehab. (I have 1 more session before I am released.) I still get tired really easily when I have things to do. It takes me 3-5 days to recover when I do something. I wasn't feeling well for several days after we went to Amish country. It is what it is when you are dealing with cardiac issues I guess. 

Ok. I am going to stop complaining. Let's focus on the good stuff from last week. 

I did have a nice birthday. It was a quiet, low-key day. It started off with cardio rehab. 



Then back home and spent time with the kids. My niece made me a chocolate spice cake for my birthday. 



I let the kids have a water day in the sprinklers. They had fun. 







For dinner, we went out to eat at our local Mexican restaurant and I got my favorite meal... quesadilla de fajitas (chicken). It was so yummy! 



Once we were home, I got some gifts--including a new coloring book, an air fryer recipe book, a crocheted water bottle holder from Rebecca. 



It was a nice day overall!

On Saturday, I took the kids school supply shopping. We picked my sister up and headed to Target and Hobby Lobby. It was a nice morning/afternoon spent with my sister. 

On Sunday, the kids and I returned to church. It felt good to be in church again and to receive Communion felt very special. I spent much of the day Sunday reading and relaxing. 



Today, I had cardio and actually didn't feel too bad. I have been puttering around the house doing some cleaning and laundry. I am trying to take some time out each day for relaxation. Today I spent some time coloring in my new coloring book. 



Tonight I watching the Olympics with Bill and the kids and I may color some more. Not sure what this week will bring but hoping it is a good one. 

Have you been watching the Olympics? If so, what is your favorite sport to watch? Hope you have a great week!  


10 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great week. You might need to give your recovery more time. You're doing everything you should and it will just take a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I have to keep reminding myself. No one can say when my heart will be back to normal, or when I will be back to 100%. It is frustrating but I have to keep reminding myself of how far I have come.

      Delete
  2. I have spent 30 years exhausted from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. It takes me two or three days to recover from exhaustion of an easy day. Remember, you have three children, house, and husband taking a toll on you. Have you asked any medical people about the exhaustion and how long it will take to recover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. Both my cardiologist and my PCP says they are not sure what the timeline is as they are still learning about COVID long haulers, etc.

      Delete
  3. I can certainly understand how tough it is to be moving slower than normal after cardiac care. Some days are really, really good and I get a lot accomplished, and then some days I just sit in the recliner and wonder how I can be 46 years old and feel like I’m 103. Praying you eventually get back to feeling more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy. Yes there are days that I feel like I will never be better and I wonder what the heck is going on. Thankfully the last few days have been better energy wise.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a nice birthday. Sorry you are feeling frustrated with your progress, hang in there, sometimes recovery is slower process. Hope you have a week full of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olympic watching is gettin gint he way of evening productivty, but once every four years right? I hope you start feeling less tired soon. Maybe it is the weather-ar eyou ot there as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hot here, then the last few days have been better weather. I just think it is the up and downs of recovery.

      Delete