Monday, May 8, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (5/8/2017)

Happy Monday! The sun is out today after having a whole week of grey and rain! It is amazing how much my mood feels better with the sun.

We had a good weekend here. Saturday the kids and I cleaned house and Bill did the laundry (now that I won't go in the basement). He was able to get it all done. Yesterday, we went to my parents' house for a bit and then out to dinner. AND I got good news from the scale in regards to my weight that I will share on Wednesday! :-)

Thanks for the comments on my last post. We have been in contact with our landlord about a month or 2 ago. He suggested we get the pellets that mice eat that kill them. He also said that he is even getting mice in his house this year, and they are bad all over our county. We have gotten numerous traps to put in the basement and of course we have the cats for our main living floor and the upstairs. (Well we have one cat that is our known mouser as he has caught 2. Gronk just seems to be more interested in catching spiders and ants!)

Today I have a lot going on. I have an IEP transition meeting for Ben here in a little bit. Then I have to tutor this afternoon. Now I am taking a moment to join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme:


THE WEATHER:::
It is sunny today! I think it is supposed to be partly cloudy most of the week, with temperatures in the 60s. Last night we had a freeze warning for our area as it got down to 30. Brr. Still pretty chilly today, but the sun is out so it is all good.   

ON MY READING PILE:::
I still haven't picked a new book to start. :-(


ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here.








This past Friday night, we watched "The Little Mermaid." Benjamin chose as he read the book while waiting for the doctor so wanted to watch the movie.  
ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: meatball sliders, green beans and salad (from Sunday as we went out to eat instead)
TUESDAY: 
WEDNESDAY:
THURSDAY:
FRIDAY: 
SATURDAY:
SUNDAY: I have no idea, but I do know that this Mom is not cooking!

As you can see, I haven't made out a meal plan yet for the week. Trying to make sure I know what all is going on before I decide. But I do have a freezer full and a full pantry, so I can pull together dinners pretty easily.

ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: kids to school (Rebecca there early for safety patrol), Ben's IEP transition meeting, Ben has speech and OT,  tutor,  trash and recycling to curb
Tuesday: kids to school (Rebecca there early for safety patrol), walk, tutor
Wednesday: kids to school, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor
Friday: kids to school, grocery store 
Saturday:
Sunday: church, Mother's Day 
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done!

I also need to do the following this week:
Make sure I have all paperwork filled out for Ben's Kindergarten registration
renew library books for kids
Mop all floors with Thieves EO
Rough Draft of Summer chore charts for the kids

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It looks pretty good. There are the breakfast dishes in the sink, but other than that giving it a good clean this weekend helped.

FROM THE CAMERA:::
Ben lost another tooth on Saturday. He swallowed this one as well!

WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
(sorry no picture today as I forgot!)
Black and white striped long sleeved shirt, jeans, and black flats
 

SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Being a mom.

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday evening! Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what the rest of this week will bring! 
 

4 comments:

  1. My mood always improves when the sun is out as well. I think I'm solar powered or something ;) Sounds like you have a pretty busy week ahead. Love your simple pleasure. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine always make me a happier me! Have a great mouse free day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had bouts of bronchitis for about 10 months out of the year for the last 2 years. I've been given z pack antibiotics, steroids which are ineffective and occasionally the prescription cough syrup which works for a 2-3 hours at a time. I am desperate for relief. I am on my third doctor in 6 months and he is treating me with the same drugs. So far no improvement. So far the bronchitis has caused scarring in my lungs, laryngitis, pulled muscles, and a fractured rib.I was desperate for help to help me feel better. i was introduced to Health herbal clinic in Johannesburg who have successful herbal treatment to bronchitis . I spoke to few people who used the treatment here in USA and they all gave a positive response, so i immediately purchased the bronchitis herbal formula and commenced usage, i used the herbal supplement for only 7 weeks, all symptoms gradually faded away, herbs are truly gift from God. contact this herbal clinic via their email healthherbalclinic @ gmail. com or visit www. healthherbalclinic. weebly. com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine makes all the difference sometimes doesn't it? =) I can't wait to hear about your loss on Wednesday's post! I think I'll need to hear some good news because I'm not sure what MY scale is going to tell me Wednesday morning - too much stress and overeating around here! LOL

    ReplyDelete