Wednesday, December 8, 2021

St. Nick Day 2021 and a health update

Happy Wednesday everyone! I am home today as my nephew doesn't have school so I am watching him so that my mom can work. It is fine as I have a super busy evening tonight and I haven't been feeling the greatest. In fact in an update on my health...my cardiologist ordered a stress test and insurance approved it on Monday. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning and I am really nervous. I hope to get some answers tomorrow as to why I have been having chest pain again or at least answers to rule out the heart. I cancelled work on Monday as I wasn't feeling good and really just needed a day at home. I organized all the Christmas gifts that I had ordered/bought and realized that I am done with all my shopping (I even have the stocking stuffers for Bill and the kids.) The last thing I was waiting for came in the mail on Monday so I am set to go. Now I just need to wrap...I might start that this weekend. Yesterday, I did work as I am the only substitute who is trained to work at a certain school. The woman who works it full time is out with COVID unfortunately. Another long time employee is working it on the days I can't. As long as the kids get fed that is what is most important. It took all my energy yesterday and last night I didn't feel good-- my chest and back were hurting. I am just sick and tired of feeling like crap. So as much as I am not looking forward to the stress test tomorrow morning, I am praying it will give me some answers. So that was the update on my health stuff right now....

Now onto more festive topics...πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŽ„. Monday was the feast day of St. Nicholas. We have a tradition in our house that shoes are left on the eve of the feast day (Dec 5) and overnight "St. Nick" fills them with a treat and an ornament for the year that says something about that person. We started doing this when Rebecca was little (and after I heard about it from a school kid at the school I was teaching) and I love it. 



This year's ornaments were: 

Rebecca received a silver choir girl ornament.  This is to represent her continued love of music!



Jacob received a choir ornament, as he joined his middle school choir AND a community choir this year. 



Benjamin received a personalized Ninjago ornament. During quarantines and shut downs, Ben fell in love with the show "Lego Ninjago" on Netflix and he has watched the series through several times. He loves it!


 

Bill received an ornament that represents this year...including the vaccine, Bernie Sanders, etc. 





I received a cafeteria lady ornament that I promptly dropped and broke. Ooops. I have a replacement coming in the mail (along with one for my mom who saw mine and wanted to know where hers was? LOL)



It is really fun looking at the different ornaments on the tree and to see what the kids used to be into and there is quite a collection. My nephew even remarked today that we had a lot of ornaments. LOL

Well, I need to end this here. I need to find Ben's nice clothes for his school Christmas concert tonight and I need to iron them. Rebecca and I are also going to a Christmas concert here in town tonight after Ben's concert so it will be busy, busy, busy. Does St. Nick come to see you? Do you have special ornaments? 

5 comments:

  1. Praying you get some answers about your health and a plan to start feeling 100% again. Love all the personalized ornaments, think my youngest still has a Ninjago poster hanging on his wall from when he was into that show. Sorry you dropped yours, always a bummer when something like that happens. No St. Nick visits here but I do try and give the boys special ornaments around this time each year. This year my oldest got Link from Legend of Zelda and my youngest got a Tom and Jerry one. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and that tomorrow morning goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send good thoughts your way. What sweet ornaments. I love the choir one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes and ornaments traditions. I feel like you do wtih fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Then, age hit. Have fun at your other activities.

    ReplyDelete