Monday, November 29, 2010

Baking and Decorating Cakes

One of the things that I am thankful for in my life is that I had the presence of both grandmothers in my life until I was almost 30 years old. One of the things that my Grandma Rose loved to do was to bake and decorate cakes. I remember watching her in her kitchen baking and decorating and it looked like so much fun. I really think that in the last few years I must be channeling her because I decided to start making and decorating the birthday cakes for my kids' birthdays. I really enjoy it. It is a lot of work and I am not the best at it, but I have a blast doing it and hopefully one day my kids will look back and remember with fondness the cakes that I have made for them.

Last year for Rebecca's 3rd birthday I made her this cake:

This year for Jacob's first birthday I made this cake....


I also made and decorated this brownie for my Mother-in-laws birthday....



I made this Scooby-doo cake for my niece's 6th birthday....


I made this Cinderella cake for Rebecca's 4th birthday....


I really enjoy doing this and it is becoming one of my favorite hobbies!

Do you have a favorite hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment