Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday #2

In an effort to lose 40 lbs over the course of the next year (by July 28, 2015) I have decided to have a weekly accountability forum here on my blog. Every Wednesday I will be posting a "Weigh In Wednesday" post where I will post my weight taken that morning and things that I did good on the previous week, and things (goals) to work on for the next week. I think that by doing this, I can break it down into smaller goals and hopefully make myself more accountable!


First let's recap my official starting weight was:::  235.6 lbs.
My weight last week was::: 235.6lbs
My weight this week is::: 235.8lbs....meaning I GAINED 0.2lbs. :(

I did bad on my goals last week which is why I gained.

My food goal for last week::: Only drink 1 diet pop a day, the rest of the time choose water. Well I started out really well....then slipped off the wagon. The weekend was especially hard, as we were out of the house all day Sunday and I had Dr. Pepper at Burger King with lunch, then shared Sierra Mist with my hubby at the zoo, then had 2 diet cokes at Roosters for dinner. Monday, I had 2 pops, and on Tuesday I had a caffeine free coke as well. Need to really work on this. 
My fitness goal for last week::: Do a Wii Fit activity for 20 minutes at least 4 days. This was a fail. I didn't do any Wii workouts. In fact other than housework and walking over 2 miles at the zoo on Sunday this is a complete fail.  

Last week was not a good week. I was in a depressed mood a lot of the week and really didn't eat very well over the weekend. It wasn't that I was snacking a lot, it was that I ate out too many times and made bad choices when we did eat out. I know that. And if I want to make these changes, I HAVE TO STEP IT UP! 

So I really need to step it up. I need to do this so that I can hit my goals. Once again I will focus on drinking less pop, making better food choices and moving more. We shall see how it goes. 

So, my food goal for this week is::: Only drink 1 pop a day, the rest of the time choose water. 
And my fitness goal for this week is::: Do an exercise activity at least 20 minutes at least 4 days this week. 

So there you have it. I had a bad week. This week will be better.

Any words of wisdom? Thoughts? Advice? 
I would love to have all the support I can get!!
If you are trying to lose weight, feel free to tag along on these posts as well! Would love some company on this weight loss journey! 



4 comments:

  1. I love that you altered your activity goal for this week. Sometimes i have to try different takes on my goals several weeks in a row to find the one that works. And works for me. I think you are super brave and strong to keep up your Wednesday posts even when the week doesn't go as planned. Good for you! You are gonna do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Erin! I didn't feel super brave when I posted this, but it is what it is and hopefully I can see a loss this coming week.

      Delete
  2. Try not to eat out! I can NEVER make good choices when I eat out because I look at it as a treat rather than just another meal. Why do you think you were feeling depressed - it would be good to get to the source of that - I know when I feel down I eat really really badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to eat out as little as possible, but there is certain times of the year that we seem to do as life gets crazy. I know I was feeling depressed because we had a lot of things going on that came to a head this week (which I just posted about today (friday August 8). I hope that now we have some answers to those stressors that I can get back to eating healthy and not being so depressed and stressed.

      Delete