One of the things that I have been trying to work on is making sure that I am looking at the good things in life. Even when there are people that are sick, the weather is lousy, and life just seems like a mountain to climb straight up there are always things to be thankful for. So I have decided to *hopefully* come back every Sunday and say things that I am grateful for from the previous week.
This week, I am grateful for (in no particular order):
- A warm house. It has been very cold, with temperatures in the negatives (-30 wind chill), and yet we have been mostly comfortable in our house. We have heat and blankets and warm clothes. I would say we are blessed.
- Kids toys. The kids had 3 extra days off this week from school and if it weren't for new toys and things from Christmas they would have gone nuts not having anything to do while they were at home.
- A working bathroom sink upstairs. Our bathroom sink has been out of commission for a week. It would not drain, so we had to call our landlord. He was finally able to come out on Thursday and got it fixed. It is so nice to have a drain that drains completely and to be able to brush our teeth upstairs.
- My sister. She confessed something to me this week that I know was incredibly hard for her to share. I am glad that she is not hiding it anymore and I hope that she can live who she is now without worry.
- My husband. He let me nap Saturday afternoon for 2.5 hours upstairs without any kid interruptions. I admit I was going a little stir crazy only being around the kids the last couple days and not being able to go outside or have any other adult conversation. He also took Rebecca to her birthday party Friday night and brought home pizza for dinner so that I would not have to go out in the cold.
- My kids. Yes they have been nuts this week, but who wouldn't be when they are cooped up in the house because it has been way to cold to go outside and play. They had their moments when they were fighting and arguing but then they had their moments where they were getting along and life was peachy.
I came upstairs from doing laundry and found them all three snuggled on the couch watching cartoons! See they do love each other and can get along.Now it is your turn. What are YOU grateful for this week?