Hello 2016! Yes I have some goals for this year...
For years I made out a list of resolution and some years I was successful in achieving some of the resolutions, but most of the time I failed miserably. Last year I didn't really make any yearly goals, instead I said I was going to focus on making monthly goals. Well that sort of went by the wayside a few months in. As I have been contemplating things that I wanted to accomplish in 2016, I came up with the idea of instead of writing resolutions, I would write a list of things that I wanted to accomplish-- a bucket list of sorts. These are the things that I would like to see happen in 2016 for my personally and for my family.
So my things to get done in 2016 are:
- BE PRESENT-- so many times I find that I am sucked into social media, blog reading, or just messing around on the computer. While I am in the same room as my family, I am not totally present. I would like to do this by limiting facebook, blog reading and email to only certain times during the day. I would also potentially like to make 1 weekend day a no computer day.
- BE PRESENT WITH MY HUSBAND-- I would like to have a date night at least 2 times a month with my hubby. I would also like to stay up with hubby until at least 11pm to spend some one-on-one time with him.
- BE PRESENT WITH MY MIND-- I would like to read 52 books for fun. In 2015, I read 49. I would also like to include at least one biography, non-fiction, or self-help book each month. Much of what I read is for fun, but I would like to expand my mind.
- BE PRESENT WITH THE FAMILY AWAY FROM OUR HOME-- I would like to go on a vacation with our family sometime during the summer. And I would like to do at least 1 fun activity a month with the family (going to the park, hiking, going out to eat, etc.)
- BE PRESENT WITH OUR BELONGINGS-- I would like to use what we have, declutter as much as possible and just enjoy what we have.
- BE PRESENT WITH OUR FINANCES-- I would like to pay down our debt. I hope to have Bill's student loan from his university paid off by Dec. 31. That is totally doable. I would also like to save for Christmas by following a plan that I saw on facebook, to buy a gift card at least once a month earmarked for Christmas purchases for next Christmas.
- BE PRESENT WITH WHO I AM-- I would like to better my health and that means trying to lose weight. I would potentially like to lose 40 lbs this year. I want to get better at menu planning (and I will begin to post our weekly menu's each week here on this blog to help with accountability.) I would also like to stress less and live more.
As some of you know, I started my own tutoring business. I have things that I want to do with my business this year. They are:
- Increase tutoring clients by 5- 10 students.
- Post at least 2 times a week on my facebook page
- Look into online tutoring
- Advertise more on the facebook selling walls
Do you have any goals for 2016?
Is there anything you want to get done in 2016?