Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tried a new recipe: Crockpot Orange Chicken

One of my many unwritten goals this year is to try more new recipes. I feel like we have gotten into a rut with our menu and the kids wanting to eat the same things over and over and over again. So I decided to try and make a new recipe at least 2 times a month. I would ideally like to make a new recipe each week, but I am also a realist and know that that may not happen.

Well yesterday for dinner I made new recipe #1 for the year: Crockpot Orange Chicken.


I first saw the recipe on facebook, and the original recipe that I followed can be found at The Frugal Girls.com. I loved that it was only 4 ingredients. The only thing I had to buy was the marmalade.

Overall, I thought it was really good. I served it over rice and with green beans on the side. Bill had 2 helpings and said I need to add it to our repertoire of recipes. I also liked how simple it was to make.

I will definitely be making this again!

Have you tried any new recipes lately?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE recipes with just a few ingredients :) Yours looks like a winner. I've been trying new recipes too - I followed a recipe for slow cooker fajitas and they were quite good. And I LOVE using a slow cooker that makes dinner while I do other things!

    ReplyDelete