Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday (11/7/2016)

Happy Monday! This is the first Monday of November and the first Monday since we gained an hour of sleep over the weekend. Oh wait, I am a mom so I didn't get to gain sleep! ;-) I did take a 2 hour nap yesterday so maybe that makes up for it. I think I took a nap because this head cold is kicking my butt. I am trying not to let it get in the way of living my life, but it is super annoying. The doc says it is just congestion, so I am living on Mucinex. Sigh....

Anyhow, I am trying to not let it interfere with living... Yesterday, the weather was beautiful so we spent some time outside, exploring a new to us playground and part of the Kokosing Gap Trail that we had never been on before. Then we came home and other than making dinner, I rested the rest of the day. I am trying hard to make Sundays family days. 

Now it is Monday and time to get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday (hosted by our friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom).


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:::

Today it is supposed to be close to 70 degrees and sunny! I will take it. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 60s as well with a passing shower. Then it is supposed to be in the 50s the rest of the week which is seasonal. I will take it. 

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:::

Today I had a banana and a cinnamon roll doughnut from Walmart. I treated Benjamin to a doughnut this morning and got one for myself. I love their cinnamon roll doughnuts with cream cheese icing. Yummy!
  
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:::

I see 4 pumpkins that need to go out to the garbage tonight as they are molded and look gross on our porch. Thankfully our trash man runs tonight. I also see lots of leaves on the ground and not so many leaves left on the trees. I also see political signs.


RIGHT NOW I AM:::

Typing up this post, listening to "The Great Race" on the TV and the washer as I have started laundry, and thinking about what I really want to get done today.

AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::

Considering I have been dealing with not feeling well the last few days and that the kids had a long weekend, the house isn't in too bad of shape. There are a few things out in the living room that needs to be put away and the kitchen needs straightened up since I went to the store this morning. Upstairs is a different story. Our bedroom is a mess, and the whole upstairs needs a good cleaning. Maybe this week. 

ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST:::
  • Clean both bathrooms
  • Laundry (I think I have at least 2 loads to do)
  • Cut Benjamin's fingernails and toenails
  • Collect trash from around the house and take to curb incluing gross pumpkins
  • Read at least 3 chapters of my book to review
HAPPENING THIS WEEK::
Monday: get housework done, Ben has speech and OT, tutoring
Tuesday: work on Rebecca's bedroom. Tutoring. Jacob starts wrestling. Election Day.

Wednesday: Tutoring.
Thursday: Tutoring. Jacob has wrestling.
Friday:
Saturday: Rebecca has basketball evaluations.
Sunday: PSR for kids and church

CURRENTLY READING:::



ON THE TV :::

I don't really have anything to watch right now. I got caught up with my shows on the DVR. Will probably just have sports on in the evenings after kids are in bed.


ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::

Monday::  Chicken broccoli alfredo pasta bake and garlic bread
Tuesday::  Taco boats and corn
Wednesday:: Hamburger helper and peas
Thursday:: Crockpot pulled pork sandwiches, green beans and carrots
Friday:: pizza and fruit
Saturday:: Macaroni and cheese
Sunday:: Chicken drumsticks, augratin potatoes, peas, crescent rolls

WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:::

I did get our vacation photo book created and ordered this past week! Now, I have an idea for the kids' annual Christmas ornament that they get from St. Nick, but need to get working on those.

 

NEW RECIPE I TRIED OR WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:::

The other day I made the kids some banana bread. However, I really wasn't in the mood for any. But then I saw this recipe for Favorite Spiced Pumpkin Bread from "Life As Mom" and I knew that I had to make it. I did and it was so good! Will definitely be making it again.

 


FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA:::


Saturday, Bill was gone all day at work and I didn't feel 100% so I declared it a stay in pajamas and rest day for the most part. The kids got the play-doh out and played with it for over 2 hours with very little arguing or fighting. It was a nice change of pace.
PRAYERS, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE, OR DEVOTIONAL:::

Source

So there you have it, a little peek into my life on this Fall Monday! Hope everyone has a great day and remember to get out and vote tomorrow!




    


2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! Play-doh for over 2 hours with minimal fighting is impressive. Hopefully, you'll feel much better this week and it will be a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum your pumpkin bread looks delicious. and yay for play dough.

    ReplyDelete