Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (3-20-2017)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good. I needed the 2 days to get stuff done at home and to rest from our whirlwind trip we took to Cleveland and Canton Thursday and Friday. I will have recaps of everything we did up later this week. We had a lot of fun! I was able to get a few things done this weekend that I had been putting off, like ordering new bras, doing some paperwork, finishing up our taxes, etc.

So far today, Ben and I have taken the older 2 kids to school and then we went to the grocery store as we were completely out of produce and milk. I also had to put gas in the van. Now we are back at home and I am taking a moment to join in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme.

Speaking of Sandra, if you are a praying person could you say a prayer or two for her this week. She has a family funeral to go to today and some medical tests later this week as a followup to a mammogram. She could really use some prayers and good thoughts!

So let's get started: 


THE WEATHER:::
Today it is supposed to be 50 degrees and cloudy with a  chance of rain showers.

ON MY READING PILE:::
Still reading "Wonder." I just can't get in the mood to sit and read for any period of time.


ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here. This past Friday night, I actually was in bed while the kids watched a movie with Bill. I think they watched "Big Hero 6." Other than that we have been watching a lot of the NCAA tournament.

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::
MONDAY: chicken patty sandwiches, French fries, and cantaloupe
TUESDAY: bratwurst, macaroni and cheese, and green beans
WEDNESDAY: hamburger helper and peas (leftovers for me)
THURSDAY: pulled pork nachos and fruit
FRIDAY: fish sticks and clam strips, baked potatoes, green beans
SATURDAY: pizza and fruit
SUNDAY: ????


ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR THIS WEEK:::
Monday: Go to the grocery store, Ben speech and OT, tutor, trash and recycling to curb
Tuesday: kids to school, tutor, AHG meeting for Rebecca
Wednesday: kids to school, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor
Friday: kids to school, Ben picture day
Saturday:
Sunday: PSR, church
And each day has the daily housework that needs to be done.

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
It doesn't look too bad considering we were home all weekend. I need to mop the downstairs and clean the bathrooms.  


FROM THE CAMERA:::

A few pictures of where we were at Thursday....





WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
Jeans, a blue and white striped tunic, and brown flats
 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Enjoying nice cold fruit. I love cold fruit.

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::
This is a quote that was on a display board at the place that we visited on Friday.




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday. Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what this week will bring! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the quote!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We are complete opposites in the fruit department. I prefer my fruit to NOT be cold. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Big hero 6 ok not so much the movie but the character: Baymax! He is so cute and squishy, my daughter made me a paper clip with him for my binder and it makes me smile each time I see it. Oh that fresh fruit does sound good. Happy first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an outstanding quote!
    I am with you on the cold fruit thing! Especially grapes!

    ReplyDelete