Friday, April 10, 2020

No motivation....

… Otherwise known as day 26 of social distancing/self isolation during COVID-19.

Thank you for all the thoughtful responses on my last post. I told my dad last night that I was following my gut and staying home with Bill and the kids on Easter. It will be different and I know that they are disappointed but I feel the call to stay home and make it a good day for my little family unit. 

https://pixels.com/featured/im-not-lazy-funny-sloth-tired-relax-chilling-gift-j-m.html

In other news I am becoming a sloth. Really have no motivation to do anything, although there is plenty to be done. I am watching way too much TV (LegoMasters, The Masked Singer, Good Mythical Morning episodes on YouTube, etc.). I am doing more things with the kids like throwing the football  with the boys and playing games with the kids (I killed Rebecca 3 times the other night in Bananagrams!). But there is stuff not getting done. So today I have decided to make a list and see what I can get done. Maybe if I promise to come back and report on how I did it will motivate me? If you guys want to yell and tell me to get off my butt I would appreciate it too! LOL 

So what do I want to get done today?
  • Laundry (at least 3 loads need to be done)
  • Deep clean downstairs half-bath
  • Deep clean upstairs bathroom
  • Sweep mudroom and do a quick organize of pantry
  • Make menu plan for next 2 weeks
  • See if we have egg dye kits in basement
  • If we do, then boil eggs for kids to color
  • Clean off my desk area and empty laundry basket full of crap stuff that is next to my desk.
  • Watch Good Friday service online
I think that will keep me busy on this Good Friday. If I can find the motivation. Considering it is already after 11 AM and the only thing I have accomplished today is taking a shower then I am already behind. So I need to get off and do something! 

Are you finding it hard to find motivation to get stuff done? Or are you being productive? 

16 comments:

  1. What is the thing motivation you speak of?? lolz I love being a homebody but not when it is forced on me evidently.....
    Good on you for staying away from your folks. I know it's hard but it just might save a life or two. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't mind the staying at home that much I guess. It is a nice change of pace... although getting back to a balance of being able to go out and stay home would be nice.

      Delete
  2. Glad you made that decision, Rachel.
    Staying home is best for all of us.
    Some days I am productive, but mostly I am not!
    I too have a list, and I am slowly getting things done, one by one.
    I am spending more time on the couch watching tv and playing games with the kids.
    This is a special time, and I guess I want to spend it with them.
    Hugs and love from PA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing tons of things with the kids just feel bad that some things aren't getting done. With the kids and I home 24/7 you start to realize that the bathrooms are dirtier faster, laundry is piling up faster, etc. I did get a few things done yesterday so it was a good balance.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting the other day :-) I just posted today about some activities for both adults and children during this time if you're interested in checking it out ;-) Definitely enjoy every moment you have with your kids, it will go by so very fast ;-) The daily chores will always be there but the time with them is so precious.... even when they can drive you crazy lol. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. I will check out your list! :)

      Delete
  4. Yes-it was a good call. We are all home, but I thinks we will at least try and see my mother-in-law in person. It might be cold, but she can bundle up and sit oh her little bench or on a chair at the end of her garage out of wind if need be, and we can sit in the driveway. She is doing great, but then most of her activities have cancelled. At 79, she doesn't like to think she is high risk, but she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my parents truly get how serious this is. We are going to try to zoom with them. We could go over and sit outside but it is supposed to rain here and they live 20 minutes away so.... We are going to zoom with them instead. Safer for everyone! ;) Enjoy your Easter.

      Delete
  5. It seems you are doing important things when you play with your children. The only important thing on your list involves the egg coloring! You will probably wash clothes when you have nothing to wear or no towels to dry on. So, give yourself some slack. Maybe you could pretend you are going to lose electricity in a few hours and get things done on Monday. Play with the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am spending lots of time with the kids. I think I just feel like a sloth this week as we have had the week off from schooling and a schedule. Monday starts up school and online stuff again.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I am finding it hard. Just me and my husband and as long as I have food he does his own thing. Before I go to bed, I decide what I want to do the next day or I just lay in bed thinking. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Yeah most of the time it is me and the kids as Hubby sleeps most of the day as he works 3rd shift. Making my list yesterday helped a little. Didn't get everything done but that is okay. :)

      Delete
  7. I agree at the end of this the kids will not remember that the house was not spic and span but they will remember the time you spent with them.
    Glad you chose not to go to Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with that. I am just trying to find that balance I guess.

      Delete
  8. Other than working in my yard, I have no motivation to to other things like cooking or crafting. I'm happy to sit on my corner of the sofa, watch TV and snack all day. I hate myself. lol Also, Lego Masters is great! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lego Masters is a great show! Ben LOVES it! He could spend hours watching reruns of it and building with his own bin of legos. He is currently watching the "Star Wars" episode again! ;)

      Delete