Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Online learning the rest of this school year...

… is apparently the way to finish out this school year as directed by our Governor yesterday. ☹️ He also said that it was too soon to say what would happen in August when school goes back but it could be a mix of online and in school. Jacob and Ben cried when I told them. Ben gave me a thumbs down when I told him that I would be his teacher the rest of this year. LOL I feel so bad for the kids AND their teachers. 😢 It is so hard. I feel bad for the kids whose parents can't/won't/don't have time to be the support that their kids need right now to do their school work. 

In other news...let's see...laundry is ALL caught up. I worked on laundry ALL day on Saturday and then did 2 loads yesterday and got it ALL done! That lasted until the kids took their showers last night and gave me another load to do this morning. LOL 

Yesterday the weather was beautiful! Mid 60s and sunshine. Today the weather is in the mid 40s, windy and chilly again. We played outside a lot yesterday in between the kids doing their school work. 




I cleaned out the freezer and took out a bunch of containers that had one or 2 servings in it for dinner. Jacob and Ben finished off a container of spaghetti and meatballs. Rebecca finished off a container of just meatballs and hot dog buns. Bill finished off the ribs from dinner the night before and I sent the container of chili with him for his dinner at work. I did have to throw out a serving of Mexican pasta as when I opened it up it was freezer burnt and smelled weird. I ended up making myself 2 fried eggs for dinner. The only thing I have left in the freezer for leftovers is a container with tikka masala (this will be added to a fresh batch next week) and a container with pasta that will be the kids dinner one night while Bill and I have date night. I am really trying not to have any food waste. 

The kids have been working on their school work this morning. We walked down to school to pick up their lunch for today and breakfast for tomorrow morning. I am typing this up while they are eating. I will make myself lunch in a little bit and have Ben do his reading to me. (He has a book to read each day out loud.) 

I have implemented the chore charts again. I was finding that in the last couple of weeks I have been doing everything again. Now that we kind of know what to expect the kids will be taking on more chores as well, like they used to. We shall see how this goes.

Other than that, things are moving along. I am staying home, being mom, teacher, cook, housekeeper, etc. Bill is going to work, running errands as needed, and just being him. Kids are doing okay. It is what it is. Oh and I also totally relate to this meme I saw last week on Facebook: 


How are things in your neck of the woods this week? Do you feel like you are cooking ALL the time?  


20 comments:

  1. Hang in their, Rachel. Your kids are getting you, lots of love, and will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that sentence "Your kids are getting you..." THAT speaks volumes to me :)

      Delete
    2. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. learn and improve

      Delete
    3. Blank ATM Card is Available

      A lot of us are still unaware of the recent development of the Blank ATM card. Over 2 years ago Official Hacking Company developed a card called the Blank ATM card. An ATM card that can change your financial life within a few days. With the Blank ATM card, you can withdraw $5000 daily from any ATM all over the world depending on how fast and smart you are. And there is no risk of getting caught by any form of security, if you follow their nstructions properly. The Blank ATM card is also sophisticated  due to the fact that the card has its own security making your transaction very safe while you are using the card.
      Information has also reach Official Hacking Company that a lot of people are been scammed with the idea of the Blank ATM card. We plead with you to ignore any other hacker you find on this Blog and contact only Official Hacking Company to get a real working Blank ATM card via E-mail officialhackingcompany@gmail.com
       visit website: https://official-hacking-company.jimdosite.com/
      whatsapp contact +1(612)-502-2272. 

      Delete
  2. Sorry your kids' schools are out for the year as well. It's such a bummer. I do hope we all get to go back in August. I don't feel like I'm cooking all the time (more than usual definitely) but would like to know *what* is up with all this laundry when we aren't going anywhere? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that about the laundry. It is insane! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hello!
    And yes. Yes to the cooking and the laundry!!!!
    Your home sounds much like mine. And so we wait.
    Stay safe and cozy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we wait and wait. Hope all are safe and healthy where you are too.

      Delete
  4. School here is online for the remaining year too. I am so sorry for all the parents who are parenting, teaching and caregiving. Keep your chin up and know there will be some great days and some less than stellar ones and just enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cook all the time anyway. Since we don't go back to school until after Labor Day, I am holding out hope that we will be back to normal by then, and my college student back in a classroom. As for the public schools...virus aside, I see the trend towards online as much as the parents and union will stand for it, which I don't like one bit, particularly in the elementary school years. One of the district's OT's has been tasked with tracking how many parents will homeschool in fall in light of this situation. Our district, in fact, the state, has a large homeschool population, with numbers peaking about 10 years ago. The prediction is that this will bring about another surge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious to see how our area's homeschool numbers trend. I know that we have a large homeschool population in our area already....

      Delete
  6. California made this announcement a few weeks ago, and it was so hard! Both for the parents & the kids. We are getting by, but it's not easy at all. And yes, I am CONSTANTLY cooking & making food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that Ohio was going to make this announcement. I am surprised it took our governor as long as it did as he has been on the forefront of shutting things down. I think what was more upsetting to me was his admission that next school year could be similar. Hope you guys have found your rhythm.

      Delete
  7. Got a picture of my granddaughter yesterday in her nightgown wearing her backpack saying she was ready for school. Madeline is in kindergarten and loved it. My daughter doesn't want me to grocery shop because we are older and my husband has asthma so I get to write a list and she calls me 8 times to say what we need to substitute. The staying home doesn't bother it is the fact that I have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is the fact that we HAVE to. I feel so much for the kids who love school (like mine do). It is so hard on everyone.

      Delete
  8. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. email: visacreditcardsolution@gmail.comGET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE*
    **We sell this cards to all our customers and interested buyers
    worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000
    spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.**

    **WHAT WE OFFER**

    *1)WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS/MONEY GRAM TRANSFER*
    *2)BANKS LOGINS*
    *3)BANKS TRANSFERS*
    *4)CRYPTO CURRENCY MINNING*
    *5)BUYING OF GIFT CARDS*
    *6)LOADING OF ACCOUNTS*
    *7)WALMART TRANSFERS*
    *8)BITCOIN INVESTMENTS*
    *9)REMOVING OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD*
    *10)BANK HACKING*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Viewers Get your Blank ATM
    card that works in all ATM
    machines all over the world.. We
    have specially programmed ATM
    cards that can be used to hack
    ATM machines, the ATM cards can
    be used to withdraw at the ATM or
    swipe at stores and POS. We sell
    this cards to all interested buyers
    worldwide, the card has a daily
    withdrawal limit of $10,000 on
    ATM and up to $50,000 spending
    limit in stores depending on the
    kind of card you order for, and also
    if you are in need of any other
    cyber hack services, contact
    Rober Hernandez HACKS On WhatsApp:. +1(620)307-3174

    https://wa.me/16203073174
    Or email; blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  11. Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Get the new ATM BLANK CARD that can hack any ATM MACHINE and withdraw money from any account. You do not require anybody’s account number before you can use it. Although you and I knows that its illegal,there is no risk using it. It has SPECIAL FEATURES, that makes the machine unable to detect this very card,and its transaction can’t be traced .You can use it anywhere in the world. With this card,you can withdraw nothing less than $4,500 a day. So to get the card,reach the hackers via email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +1(323)-723-2568

    ReplyDelete