Saturday, March 12, 2022

I went to my 1st rock concert!

 Happy Saturday everyone from cold, snowy, sunny, Ohio! Wow did temperatures take a nosedive last night and today! The last few days it has been in the 50s, then rain moved in yesterday afternoon, and it turned to snow. We got about an inch of snow, and it has been snow showers off and, on all day, today. In fact, it is snowing again, after about half an hour of the sun being out. Weird Ohio weather. 

But enough about the weather. Last night I went on a date with Bill to my very first rock concert. 



I had bought tickets for Bill and I, as a Valentine's Day gift to Bill to see Ace Frehley at the Woodward Opera House in Mount Vernon. The Woodward Opera House is a 500 seat theater which is America's oldest authentic 19th century theater still standing. It dates back to as early as 1851. It was recently renovated over the last few years and this was my first time attending anything there.


Ace Frehley is the original lead guitarist and co-founder of the rock group Kiss. I knew that Bill would love to see him.


I love lots of types of music and while hard rock is not something I listen to often, if at all, I can appreciate hearing a legend perform. 



I really did enjoy the concert. It was loud, and I really couldn't understand most of the words that were being sung, but I appreciate their guitar playing and drum playing beats. I am glad that I took Bill and that we had a date night.


 

The really nice thing was that since it was here in town, we only had to drive 5 minute to the concert and home, so we were home by 10:15 last night! We left the concert not really being able to hear that well and with a constant ringing in our ears; Rebecca said when we got home we were talking really loud even though we thought we were talking in normal tones. LOL Thankfully this morning, I am hearing just fine! 

Overall, it was really enjoyable, and now I can say that at 42 years old, I attended my 1st hard rock concert! 

Have you ever been to a rock concert? Have you ever heard of Ace Frehley? 

11 comments:

  1. Have I ever been to a rock concert? Heh. Quite a few. My husband, however, hadn't, until I met him. I love The Who, and had bought 2 tickets in really good seats. On a lark, I asked him to go with me. When they came out he said, "They're damn near as old as I am!" My favorite shows: Tom Petty (with the Wallflowers opening), Jethro Tull, and Nine Inch Nails, circa 1995.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a hard rock fan, but never a Kiss fan. That being said, I'm sure they put on an exciting show. Glad you had a good time out with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you got a real concert in your experience list! I can relate to talking loud after ringing ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it is an item to mark of on my experience list.

      Delete
  4. I have been to many both for entertainment and work. Never saw Kiss though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to many concerts, but this was my first hard rock one!

      Delete
  5. Well which one are you attending next? Gotta keep it up ya know...if only to catch up with the rest of us. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am not sure.... my next concert is actually going to be Amy Grant in a few weeks as I am taking my mom for her birthday. It will be completely different than the Ace Frehley show. LOL

      Delete