Thursday, March 31, 2022

Visiting, Waterfalls, and Taste Testing

Happy Thursday night everyone! This week the kids and I are on Spring Break from school and honestly the week is flying by. I would like to say that I have been very productive, when in fact the opposite is true. This week has been up and down emotion wise for me. For example, today everything and everyone has been annoying me and I really don't know why. I just am annoyed. It is what it is. 

There have been some good things though this week. On Monday, I took the kids out to my sister and her partner's new apartment to check it out. We had a nice time hanging out and had sandwiches for lunch. Then we all played the game "Headbandz" which was quite fun. 




When we came home, Bill was still at work and when he came home, he surprised me with roses as he knew I have been having some bad emotional, depressive days lately.


 

Wednesday, the weather was beautiful (with highs near 74) so we headed out to see what fun we could get into. We went to Goodwill, where Rebecca found a lovely, formal dress for her choir performance in May and 2 pairs of shorts for Summer. When we left Goodwill, I decided that I needed some Nature therapy, specifically with a water feature. So, we headed out to Honey Run Waterfall. It was the perfect day to go, and I felt so much better after we hiked a little. 








Like I said, today I have been annoyed all day. However, trying to salvage the day we did a fun activity for dinner. We decided to do blind taste-testing of a few items off of fast-food restaurant menus. We decided to try out chicken nuggets, basic cheeseburger, crispy chicken sandwiches, and French fries from Wendy's, Burger King and McDonald's. 



First up, was the kids. We blindfolded them. Then they sampled a taste of each thing. After they tasted it, they scored it from 1-10 and then guessed where it was from. It was fun.





Then, it was mine and Bill's turn.



 

What we learned was that overall McDonald's was our winner. However, Burger King came in a close 2nd with Bill and I. I went in thinking Wendy's was the best, but obviously that isn't reality. It was a fun activity and one I think we will do again over Summer break with other foods (like potato chips, or something healthier like different kinds of apples or berries.)

We will have a busy couple of days this weekend. Tomorrow, I have to go to the store, CVS, make a cake for Ben's birthday, get Jacob and Rebecca to do any school work they need to do. Saturday is Benjamin's 10th birthday and we are having a small pizza party for him out at my parent's house (as they have a larger house and are dog friendly! LOL). 

How is everyone else doing? Have you ever done a blind taste test? Do you like being in nature? 

5 comments:

  1. Praying that you get out of your slump. It does look like your family had a great spring break. I love the taste testing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses are very pretty. I love waterfalls like that...so peaceful. That blind taste test with food looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses. And how thoughtful! I know those ugh feelings. Makes you want to crawl into bed for the day. Sending a virtual hug to one of the best moms I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how little you do, you still have three children that I know is exhausting! So, don't worry about not doing all you want to do. The taste tests sound like fun. I like nature but cannot get out in it too much because of mobility issues. Right now, nature's allergens are trying to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nature therapy is the best! What a fun idea to do the taste testing. Hope you have a much better week!

    ReplyDelete