Monday, March 14, 2022

Mother-Daughter Day Out and Bad Cats

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? Ours was super busy (as usual) and throw in the time change and I am super tired today. 

Friday, I attended my very first hard rock concert! It was a fun way to start the weekend. 

Saturday, Bill took the boys to Chillicothe Ohio to a fan fest and wrestling event featuring old school wrestlers. It was a 2-hour drive there, so they were gone all day long. That meant it was a girl's day for Rebecca and me. 

We ended up going to the library, stopping at our local bookstore, browsing some shops in our little downtown, stopping at the candy store and having a late lunch at Dave's Cosmic Subs. After we had lunch, we headed to Goodwill where Rebecca found a sweater and I found a t-shirt that I can wear to work.

Rebecca and I

Someone put a scarf on the cat sculpture at the dog fountain.

Rebecca browsing through old sheet music at an antique store.

My lunch.

Rebecca's lunch. 

 

As we were leaving Goodwill, Rebecca asked if we could go home as she was tired, and her feet hurt. LOL. We came home and spent some of the afternoon just lounging and reading. It was a very enjoyable day with my daughter! 

Sunday morning, I was awoken with a start with a crash. When I turned the light on, I saw that the cats had knocked over their treats and popped the lid off and were enjoying an all you can eat buffet. 

Bad kitties. 


I swept most of the treats up and then showered. I taught PSR and went to mass, then it was home to relax. I ended up napping in the recliner for a bit. 

Today, I was back to work. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I will work tomorrow as Ben came home with a fever from school. He ate his dinner just fine but he still says he doesn't feel good. 

We shall see what tomorrow brings.  

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of you and your girl!!! And I love the special day you had. Those subs look amazing! And honestly, I think the cozy afternoon at home sounds the best! Hope your little guy feels better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. He is home today with a fever and diarrhea. :(

      Delete
  2. I hope Ben is doing better now.
    What a fun girls day out! Your lunches looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Anne. Unfortunately, he is home today with a fever and diarrhea. :(
      The subs were fantastic!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a very good day, thrift shopping and lunch with your daughter. I am loving napping in my recliner. You know the cats were willing to save you the trouble of sweeping, eating it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. And yes I know the cats would have saved me the trouble, but they did not need all those treats! LOL

      Delete
  4. How fun that you all had some separate family times!

    ReplyDelete