Friday, June 10, 2022

10 on the 10th: All about Vacations!

Happy Friday everyone! Today has been a really low key day around here. Bill took our van into the dealer to see why some lights were on and to have them check our a/c. $600+ dollars later the a/c is fixed. Other than that, I took a nap today when I should have been doing some cleaning. Now I am just sitting here listening to the boys fight and enjoying the breezes from outside. After today it is supposed to get hot and muggy. Ugh. Oh well. 

When I thought about what to write about today, I came across a link party that Colletta over at Colletta's Kitchen Sink shared and thought I would join in as it is about a topic that is on my mind. It is originally hosted by Marsha in the Middle. 

 

 Hosted by 10 on 10th: June! - Marsha in the Middle

 1.  Are you planning to take a vacation anytime soon?  Please share!

Yes. If things go as planned we will going to North Carolina this Summer meeting up with my parents, my niece and nephew, my sister, her partner, my brother and his fiancee. We are all pitching in to rent a beach house right on the beach.

2.  Have you recently gone on vacation?  Tell us all about it!

We haven't been out of the state for a couple of years due to COVID and other factors. We have done a few day trips to the zoo and such. 

3.  What is your favorite way to travel?

I love road trips usually. I have never flown in a plane or taken a train on a trip, so I only know about road trips. 

4.  If money were no object, where would you go and why?

I would go to Australia and Singapore to meet up with friends whom I haven't seen in years. I would also love to go to Alaska. 

5.  Who would be your favorite person (living or dead) to take on vacation?

I love traveling with my husband!

6.  What do you absolutely have to pack when you go on vacation?

Books. I usually take along several physical books (no e-reader books for me!) and on a week long vacation I usually end up going to a bookstore and buying a book there. 




7.  What are your memories of your all time favorite vacation?

The very first time we took the kids to North Carolina and saw a man fishing catch a shark off the beach. Then we went at night to the pier and saw several types of sharks around pier. It was so cool and fascinating. 




8.  Where would you never ever go on vacation and why?

I don't know that there is anywhere that I would not go.   

9.  What is the worst thing you ever experienced on vacation?

Rebecca gets car sick so that is bad. Also, maybe when our brakes blew coming down the mountains when we were in the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. 

10.  What is the best thing that ever happened to you on vacation?

Being one with the ocean; walking in the water at sunset and sunrise. I am definitely a beach girl. :)


 

So there you have it. What about you? Been on any vacations recently? Going on vacation? Any places you would recommend? 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the car. Ugh. My daughter too gets car sick. I often have her drive as she manages better when driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful vacation at the beach! What special memories!! And how fun to stay at a beach house with extended family.
    It has been several years since we have been to Myrtle Beach, but I'm hoping we will be able to go on a vacation this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy - I remember the days when our oldest son would get car sick...almost as soon as we were going over 50 mph! Poor guy. (He outgrew that!) I cannot imagine the brakes going out on the mountain - ah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your upcoming NC beach trip sounds fabulous! I really like your vacation goals - on the beach with a book. Perfect! Poor Rebecca. My adult daughter is prone to getting car sick, so I am sympathetic. And losing your brakes in the mountains? Yikes! But it sounds like you’ve had some truly great trips.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That brake blow out sounds so scary!! There are some serious hills in that area, so I'm glad you all made it out unscathed!

    Your part about the books brought back a vacation memory for me. When my family used to go to the beach each year, my mom and I would bring a stack of books and then leave them at the campground as we finished them. It was always nice to read on the beach and to make a little extra room in our suitcases!

    ReplyDelete