Monday, June 13, 2022

Farm Markets, Cleaning/Decluttering, and Baking

 Happy Monday everyone! Whew, I think I need another weekend for my Monday. LOL. This weekend was busy but good. I feel like I got a lot accomplished. 

On Saturday, Rebecca and I went to our town's Saturday morning farmer's market on the square. Then we went about a mile down the road to Miller's Farm Market that is only open during the Summer as well. We got lots of yumminess at both. 





After we got home, Bill let to go to work. I had a couple projects that I needed to do this weekend. One of which was clean out the "closet of doom" off the upstairs bathroom. The main reason for this was so that we could get to the window air conditioners. This week we are supposed to get the heat dome that is coming across the USA. We are supposed to have temperatures in the high 90s. It took me longer than normal to clean as I am still battling fatigue and back and shoulder soreness due to the long term COVID issues that I have. But I got it done and I got 5 bags of donations out of there, and 1 bag of trash. All of our toiletries and such are organized, and Bill was able to get the a/c units out and installed today after he got home from work. I was super excited to declutter as that is a major goal that I have for this summer! 

Before-- looking in from the bathroom

Before- in the closet on the left side

After- looking in from the bathroom

After- the shelf


Saturday night for dinner, I made a huge salad with some of the fresh veggies we bought, and we had the sourdough bread with it and it was all very yummy! While we ate dinner, I also had the first of the season zucchini bread in the oven. 




Sunday, we went to church where Rebecca cantered and did a lovely job. Then it was back home to get some more things done. First thing was laundry. It is always laundry. After making lunch and some brownies, I then decided to attack our downstairs coat closet. The coat closet has been bothering me a lot lately as things were just thrown in it and every time we need the toolbox or something things fall while we are trying to get things out. It was annoying me. I got that all cleaned out and pulled out 4 winter coats to donate that were too small for the boys. I also was able to throw out several pairs of Bill's old tennis shoes that had holes in them. 

Coat Closet Before

Coat Closet after


By the time I was done, I was done. My shoulders and back hurt and I needed to sit for a while to regain my strength. I put a turkey tenderloin in our air fryer and roasted it in there and it was super yummy. The kids all loved it. I served it with stuffing and roasted green beans (that we bought Saturday at the farmer's market). 

I have a busy week on tap, including taking Rebecca to a swim lesson, meeting up with a friend for our annual end of the school year ice cream visit, and taking the kids to several library programs that they signed up, along with the usual weekly things like cleaning, laundry, grocery store, etc. Bill and I are also going to see the comedian Kevin Nealon this week as well for a date night. It is going to be a busy, hot week around here. Busy can be good though. 

How was your weekend? Do you have a busy week coming up? 

  

3 comments:

  1. I ache reading your account. We have three closets if doom that need tackling but might need to wait for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got lots accomplished. I felt well and got enough sleep and the weather was hot, already in 90s, which I love. Of course, I love ac...lol. Do you store the ac units in the closet? That is one huge closet you have with even a rocker.

    You did get a lot done. It makes me tired! The food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job tackling the closets! We're under heat advisories around here though today hasn't felt too bad so far. I have a slower work week so I'm just trying to get random things done around the house and outside (in the early morning).

    ReplyDelete