Monday, June 6, 2022

Nice walk and my sister's birthday

Happy Monday! And Happy Birthday to my baby sister! We had super busy weekend starting with a nice walk on Friday and then going to celebrate Mary's birthday on Saturday.

Friday afternoon the weather was perfect, so we headed out to Brown Family Environmental Center to take a walk. The kids and I enjoyed a lovely walk. 







At one point, we came around a corner and there was a deer standing there staring at us. We had a stare-off for several minutes. 





That night the kids spent several hours making pictures and cards for Mary's birthday celebration on Saturday.  

Saturday afternoon, the kids and I (Bill had to work) headed to Mary and Ceal's apartment for a taco party to celebrate her birthday. It a fun, chaotic time given that there were 10 people and 3 dogs in basically a living room and kitchen of their apartment. (They are dog sitting my brother's 2 dogs this week as he is out of town.)










 

Mary enjoyed having everyone over. She loved that Benjamin wanted his hair dyed blue to match hers. (I used colored hair wax that washes out on Ben's hair.) 



She enjoyed her gifts, including the pictures of birds that all the nieces and nephews made her for their art wall. 



Overall, it was a nice time. Today, she is officially 26 years old. I remember the day she was born, I was a junior in high school and had to take a chemistry final that morning and then got in trouble because my parents called to get me out of school early. LOL 

Happy birthday Mary! We love you! 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had some nice weather and were able to get out and enjoy a walk! Fun encounter with the deer and pretty pictures! Happy Birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet party and special gifts. Did Rebecca bake her rainbow cake? It's always special to see deer- except in the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Rebecca didn't. Mary's partner Cecilia made it using natural food colors for the layers.

      Delete
  3. You take so many walks and nice walks. How neat to see a deer. I loved that cake. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete