Thursday, November 10, 2022

8 can chicken taco soup

Happy Thursday! Thursdays around here have unofficially become soup night. Now that it is fall and colder weather is (maybe) coming, I am trying to incorporate more soups into our diet as they are easy to make in the crockpot, typically a cheaper meal, and I can make them ahead of time if need be. The thing is though, I am also tired of the basic soups, so I have been on the lookout for new soups to try. 

Well, last Thursday I made a soup whose recipe I found on Facebook. It is for an 8 Can Chicken Taco Soup by the Recipe Critic. (The only difference that I did, was I used a packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning instead of homemade taco seasoning and I used reduced sodium canned items when I could.) 

I made it on the stovetop, and I started it after I picked Rebecca up from her play practice and got home around 6. We all sat down to eat at 6:30, so it was quick and honestly it was super yummy! We topped ours with shredded Mexican cheese and tortilla strips. 


I would highly recommend this as it is super easy and quick to make for those nights when you are tired. I know I will be adding it to our rotation. 

Anyone have any soup recipes to share? 
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm a soup lover too, especially with lots of vegetables and crusty bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love creamy soups with crusty bread.

      Delete
  2. I love this Taco Soup! I double it, put it in my biggest crock pot and invite my kids/grands over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is similar, but I put it in the crock pot. You can brown ground beef, and even freeze portions for a quicker meal.
    ground beef
    two cans black beans
    two cans corn
    two cans tomatoes
    store bought taco seasoning
    1/2 cup brown rice or more if you like and a can of water.
    8 oz shredded cheese after rice is soft

    I don't do chilis or pinto beans...lol. And, the cheese is put into the soup toward the end of cooking when rice is done.

    Daughter can do all the chopping and stirring of the ground beef. This would be a good recipe for cooking lessons, especially all the chopping and stirring...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this recipe on FB, too! I'll have to try it now that you've recommended it. Seems like you could put any/as many beans in it as you want! And easy is the only way I'll cook! The chicken will probably come from Costco - I'll buy a $4.99 cooked on, pull all the meat off for soup & open the cans! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the canned chicken because I had a can on hand, but I am sure the rotisserie chicken would be a great addition.

      Delete