Monday, November 14, 2022

Optimistic Health Update

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a good one. I thought I would hop on here to give an optimistic update on my health. 

Over the past couple of weeks, I have had a medication change for my blood pressure medicine. Both my nephrologist and my hematologist think that some of the issues from my blood numbers are due to being on lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. My nephrologist changed my medicine to another blood pressure medication that also has a water pill mixed in. She also prescribed an iron pill daily. 

My hematologist diagnosed me with anemia as well. She prescribed a complex B vitamin as well as I have low Vitamin B levels and low folate levels. 

So, the big question is, are these new medications helping with my exhaustion and my being out of breath? 

I can optimistically say yes, they are. I have not needed a nap in days. I have been able to do more around the house and have a resurgence of energy. 

Saturday, we decided to take a family walk on the bike path. I haven't been able to walk more than about 1.5 miles lately with an average of a 29-minute mile. Then I would be out of commission for a couple days. Well, Saturday I was feeling good and really wanted to make it to my favorite spot on the path, a metal bridge 1.5 miles down the path over the river. 



I am happy to say that I was able to walk there and back (so a 3.33 mile walk with a 23-minute mile average)! I did have some back pain during the last 1/4 mile, but overall, it felt AWESOME to be able to go back to the bridge. 




I have an echocardiogram scheduled for Wednesday morning to make sure that the issues that I had with my heart have resolved so we can say for sure that it is the medication that was causing my issues. Right now, though I am just grateful that I am feeling much better lately. 

So good news for this Monday! Anyone else have good news to share on this Monday?  

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so happy for you. What great news. Hope you continue to feel better and get all your energy back. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy to hear you are feeling better and this new medication seems to be working. I know that’s a huge relief! Glad to see you could go and enjoy yourself and feel good doing it!

    ReplyDelete