Friday, November 11, 2022

Things on Friday

Happy Friday everyone! Thank goodness it is Friday. Yesterday was a Monday Thursday at work. It was crazy. Our freezer at work died. Our handwashing sink backed up and then when they were putting industrial strength Drano in it, it backed up all over the floor. Thankfully it wasn't near the oven or our serving line. It was a day! Overall, though this hasn't been a bad week. 

I was able to see part of the lunar eclipse the other morning. I was up and stepped outside to see it. It was pretty neat to see. Unfortunately, I only had my phone camera, so not a very good picture. 



Bill and I went to vote together on Tuesday morning after dropping the kids off at school. The whole process took maybe 10 minutes. We headed to McDonald's for a breakfast date after. The elections may not have gone the way that we wanted but it is still our duty to vote. 




This week has been weird as Bill has been working second shift, instead of his usual first shift. He has been taking the kids to school for me, so my mornings have been a little relaxed (although I still get the kids up, make lunches, etc.). 

Yesterday the weather was perfect. It was in the mid 60s and sunny. I let the boys play on the school playground after I picked the boys up. I figure let them enjoy the day as today it is supposed to be raining (expected 2-3 inches of rain) and then tomorrow it will be highs in the low 40s for the next week. 

Yesterday, I had a follow up appointment with my hematologist. My blood work came back about the same. I am showing low on Vitamin B and Folate, so they suggest that I take a Super B Complex vitamin. I picked up 2 bottles at CVS yesterday and began to take it today. The hematologist agreed that my anemia and symptoms may be a result of the 2 medications that my nephrologist took me off of. They approved of the medicine change that my nephrologist made. So, we shall see what adding the Super B vitamin does. I do have to say that adding the iron and switching medicines, has helped my energy level. I have noticed a difference this week, with not being bone tired exhausted. I still get tired, but it is towards the end of the day and so somewhat normal. Hopefully, this is the change that I needed. 

Well, I need to get ready to head to work. I am hoping today is better than yesterday. Before I leave though, I will share the Ohio sky last night as I was picking Rebecca up from play practice. 



Have a great Friday everyone! 

 

4 comments:

  1. I hope the vitamins do help. I've not battled anemia since menopause but it was brutal without the added supplements. I hope that the election results tone down the hateful rhetoric. Those in the middle want common sense, not extremists in office, though there's still a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Common sense would be a blessing and is much needed.

      Delete
  2. Cool photo of the eclipse! I was sad to miss it but I think we had a cloudy morning so I didn't feel as bad for forgetting. Hope the new vitamins and medicine help and that yesterday wasn't quite as crazy for you. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vitamins seem to be helping tremendously so I am hoping it continues.

      Delete