Monday, November 7, 2022

Moon, Thanks, and Menu for the week

 Happy Monday evening everyone! Has the time change affected you? It has me. I was awake almost every hour last night and it was not fun at all. The kids at work were squirrely today and I think it was a combination of the time change and tonight being a full moon. 

Speaking of the moon, Saturday night I was standing at my sink getting ready to do dishes and the sky with the moon and clouds just took my breath away. It was gorgeous. And within the space of 10 minutes the colors changed, and it was so cool to see. (Sorry if my phone camera photo isn't the best.) 




Thank you everyone for your comments on the laundry post. My kids do have some chores, like cleaning the litter boxes and feeding the cats, but I definitely feel better having them learning to do their own laundry. I think that part of the issue is that growing up, my mom didn't let us do any housework as she wanted things done her way. It is what it is. Today was Jacob's day to do laundry and he was excited to do it! 

I am thinking that maybe next month I will add on cooking lessons. Speaking of cooking, this week is all about semi easy meals as Bill is working long evening hours and many evenings it will be the kids and I for dinner. So, our menu this week is: 

Sunday: We had hamburger helper and peas and apple pie

Monday: We had meatloaf (that I had frozen at the end of September when I made too much. It turned out great reheated in the oven.), macaroni and cheese and french style green beans. 

Tuesday: Chicken nuggets, corn and apple slices

Wednesday: Italian sausage with peppers and onions, shells and cheese, and cut green beans

Thursday: Chili (from freezer) and grilled cheese

Friday: Pizza and fruit

Saturday: ??? 

This post is all over the place. Right now, the kids and I are watching "Frozen II" before bed and just relaxing. Hope everyone has a great night! 

What are you eating this week?     

8 comments:

  1. You are doing your kid a great service by having them do chores. When all of mine went off to college they were amazed at how many people did not know how to do laundry, or simple cooking. Our youngest made his spending money by making cookies and selling them to people in his dorm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea that your youngest had!

      Delete
  2. I got back logged blog reading and commenting. The picture was pretty. I sure get out of rythm and when the time changes. It takes me a week or more to adjust physically and mentally to how dark it gets so early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting caught up reading blogs as well.

      Delete
  3. Time change never bothers me, but with my problems with sleep, how would I even know? lol You can have chores done the way you want, just teach them how you want it done. They can learn! When they have their own place, they can do it anyway they want. I would bet your way is more efficient and produces a better end product. Kids need to learn a method! Your photos were great. I cannot see out the kitchen window because he wants it all closed up all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad about you not being able to see out the kitchen window. I have one window in my small kitchen and it is above my kitchen sink.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous moon photos! I happen to love the time change back to light mornings (I'm sure the night owls out there aren't happy though). One thing I learned when I started working at a Montessori preschool are so capable of doing so much more than we think they can do. Of course, the best thing to do is do whatever works best for your family :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I love the light mornings, but getting dark at 5:30 is for the birds.

      Delete