Monday, November 28, 2022

Rebecca's 16th birthday

 Happy Monday everyone! And a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY shoutout to my daughter Rebecca! She turns 16-year-old today. How in the world am I the mom of a 16-year-old? 

How did she go from a newborn....



to a smart, artistic, musically inclined, funny, empathetic 16-year-old? 



She had a nice birthday weekend. On Friday night and Saturday, she helped to decorate our home for Christmas. I will share photos when we are all done. 

Sunday afternoon, we had a small party for her for family. My mom and niece and nephew couldn't make it as they are still sick. My dad came, as did my sister, Cecelia, and my brother Josh stopped by as well. We had subs, macaroni salad, chips, berry salad, and veggies and dip. 






She baked her own cake on Saturday and then I decorated it for her. She loved it. 



She had a nice time. 

Today, she has a friend over for the afternoon. She was supposed to have 2 friends over, but one developed a fever overnight so could not come. They are facetiming that friend though so that is nice. 

I still can't wrap my head around being a mom to a 16-year-old. When people hear she is 16, they ask when is she going to get her driver's license? She told me she wants to wait until Spring as she doesn't want to learn to drive in the snow. That is perfectly okay with me. 

For now, we shall just enjoy the newness of her being 16!  


7 comments:

  1. I can't believe Rebecca is 16 either! Happy Birthday to your musical daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Rebecca! 🥳 They grow up sooo fast! Sounds like she had a great time! Love that cake! I don’t blame her for waiting on the driving. My son actually waited until he was 17 to get his license because Covid messed up the driver’s ed classes. It was fine with me as well! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Sweet 16 Rebecca! Enjoy your day. Pretty cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't blink or the boys will be 16! What a lovely party for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 16th to Rebecca! The years get shorter and shorter. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to believe she is 16 since I remember her being a little girl. You did a good job rearing that cute baby. Her attributes are a tribute to your skills. She is wise to wait for better weather to learn to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your girl!!!! 16!!!

    ReplyDelete