Thursday, November 3, 2022

Trick or treat and another health update

Happy Thursday everyone! It is a foggy, warmish day today here and I actually have a few minutes to sit down to write a post. I am going to see what I can accomplish in 30 minutes before I have to leave for work. 

So, Halloween came and went. I celebrated by wearing a jack-o-lantern shirt to work. 




It was raining off and on Monday but the weather cleared up for me to go see Benjamin's last Halloween parade at his elementary school. It is a year of lasts for us at this school as we have had kids there for the last 8 years. 


Halloween evening, Bill took the kids out trick or treating. This year's costumes were: 

- Santa


- A referee


- Stickman


The kids had fun trick or treating. They said they missed me going. I chose to stay home as my new medication that I am on wasn't having the best effects. I started swelling again, my blood pressure was up and my back and chest were hurting again. I felt that all the walking and standing around would be more detrimental to me than staying at home. After trick-or-treating, Bill went and picked up our traditional Wendy's meal that has become a tradition for us after trick-or-treating. 

The kids got a ton of candy and were happy with all their treats.


 

At work, I participated in a "Boo Bag" project. Basically, if you want to join, you get a small treat for everyone who has joined and place it in their boo bags in the teacher's lounge. Then on Halloween (or the day after) you get your bag to enjoy all the treats that were in there. I put small caramel drizzled granola bars in the bags. It was a fun way to celebrate. 




I mentioned that I was not reacting well to my new medication that the nephrologist put me on. I have been having swelling again in my legs/ankles and in my hands. I have gained 7 pounds in the last week without eating more or being less active than I am. My blood pressure was on the rise. I called the office and left a message with a nurse on Monday. The response that I got back was to double the dosage of the new medication to see if that helps. So that I what I started doing yesterday. I am hoping it helps the swelling as this new medication is a blood pressure medicine and a water pill all in one. I will have to say that adding the iron pill daily has helped my energy level tremendously. I am not as tired throughout the day as I was. So, I will take that as a win. 

Well, my time here is up. I have to get ready to head to work. I hope everyone has an awesome day! 

6 comments:

  1. I am SO glad to see some update posts from you. I sure do pray that doubling this medication will give you the help you need. Adjusting to medications can be so frustrating. It took me forever to find a blood pressure medication that worked for me without leaving me feeling drained. You get as much rest as you can. I'm glad the iron seems to be helping your energy! Yay for the positives, right? I love the kids' costumes and your shirt. So glad y'all had a fun Halloween! You take care and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. A few days in to the new meds and I have lost almost 9 pounds and am less swollen and less tired. So I am hoping that we are moving in the right direction.

      Delete
  2. I am praying the medicine adjustment gives you relief, my friend. You have a great attitude, and a wonderful family for support! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope your health problems resolve soon. I honestly don't know how you manage all you do while enduring all your issues, I don't think I could do it. Wishing you well as you continue to navigate through rough waters! Glad your family had a Happy Halloween. I always enjoy your holiday reports and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobi. Honestly, I just do what I need to do make sure my kids are having a good life. Some days that is just putting one foot in front of the other.

      Delete