Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Million Dollar Question

Well, it really isn't worth a million dollars BUT to me and my hubby it IS the million dollar question....



WHEN IS THIS BABY GOING TO COME????

On Thursday, I had to go in for a growth ultrasound due to my pregnancy induced hypertension. I was technically 30 weeks 3 days along, with a due date of April 16.



As the ultrasound tech is doing her measurements, she asked me 3 different times if I was sure that the due date was April 16. I kept saying yes. As I was laying there watching the screen, she would measure different things, and everything was measuring way AHEAD of schedule. Most of the organs were measuring between 32 and 35 weeks. The head was measuring 37 weeks along.

As she finished up her measurements, I went to the restroom (WHY DID I HAVE TO HAVE  A FULL BLADDER AT 30 WEEKS???? CANT THE MACHINE SEE THE BABY FINE WITHOUT A FULL BLADDER?) and when I came back, she said that baby was weighing in right now at.....5 POUNDS!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?

As we were leaving, she did say that she didn't have the authority to change my due date, but she wouldn't be surprised if I had it sooner than April 16.

Man, oh, man. I can tell you that my nesting instinct has kicked in full circle this past week. It has been hard to get a ton done, because I am still having issues with my blood pressure and I have been really tired. Also baby boy has been laying the wrong way and I have been having pain in my bottom and side (yesterday I had pain in my side at work that caused me to leave work early). I still have to do the 24 hour urine test tomorrow and get blood work on Monday, then go back to my OB on Thursday. It will be interesting to see what she has to say.

My gut is telling me that I maybe having a March baby instead of an April baby.

What do you think?

Anyone want to guess about when I will give birth? 

No comments:

Post a Comment