Thursday, June 30, 2022

Books read for fun in June 2022

 Happy Thursday everyone! Happy last day of June as well! Hope everyone is having a good week. I realized the other day that I hadn't done a books read for fun post in a long time. I know that I am trying to build in time for relaxation and reading takes me away from all the stress of what is going on in the outside world etc. So I thought I would do a quick recap of the books that I have read this month. 



Many of these were beachy reads. They were all very good distractions though. The Book of Lost Names was a really good book. I had to read it for an online book club that I am involved in. It takes place towards the Nazi regime and how writers used a unique way of recording Jewish children's real names in a way that made a record of them, but would not allow Nazis to know that the names they were given weren't real. It was a really eye opening book and interesting to read. Race to the Bottom of the Sea is actually a juvenile book. I found it one day while the kids were doing a library program. It looked interesting to me and was a good pirate story. Definitely not my norm, but I don't regret reading it. 

What have you been reading lately? Any recommendations? 

1 comment:

  1. I read the Getaway Girls for my book club. Totally a summer read. I grabbed a book from a little free lubrary- But I forgot the name. I intend to read this weekend.

    ReplyDelete