Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My little girl turned 5!

How is it that one moment you are looking at a newborn and the next moment it seems you are looking at a 5 year old?? That is what happened to me on Monday. My oldest,  Rebecca, turned 5 years old.

What can I say about her? She is bright, funny, silly, wonderfully caring, sweet, very sociable, artistic, opinionated and just very lovable! She is a dream daughter--even with the opinionated part!

We had a birthday party for her on Sunday and it was a lot of fun.

She wanted a "strawberry Belle cake with yellow and pink icing." That was her request so that is what she got.


We had a lot of family over, as well as some close family friends. The girls (Rebecca, her cousin Lacie, and her friend Kimi) had a blast playing dress up and eating cake together!



She received many wonderful gifts, including clothes and toys. I just think she had a blast being around all the people who love her. She is blessed with many friends and family members who love her dearly.

On Monday, she went to school and got to wear a birthday crown all day and she took in ice cream as a snack for her class! Then I went and got her Burger King for dinner as that was her request. When I asked her if she had had a good birthday, she smiled real big and said it was "a GREAT birthday!" Yay!



The past 5 years have been challenging and rewarding as her mother. I never knew what unconditional love was until the nurses laid her on my chest for the first time on November 28, 2006. That day changed my life for the better and I am so blessed to have such a beautiful daughter. I hope she enjoyed her birthday party and her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment