Friday, August 31, 2012

September Savings Challenge

September brings back paychecks for me and a new chance to finally, maybe, get our budget under control. I have been thinking long and hard about trying to get some sort of budget together and FINALLY getting our budget under control.

The last year has been a killer on our finances. We thought that we had things under control last year. Then I got pregnant with Benjamin and I had to go on bed rest for a few months and since I was on bed rest that meant no paycheck. So any savings/paying off debt went by the wayside.

So when Carla from My 1/2 Dozen Daily decided to offer up a September Savings Challenge I decided to sign up.

As I was thinking about what my goals should be this is what I came up with....

Use my paychecks to pay Rebecca's school tuition.
Be able to make at least double the minimum payment on credit card #1 (CC#1).
At the end of the month, take whatever is left over from my paychecks and put on CC#1.
Spend no more than $400 on food, $50 on diapers, and $25 on household supplies.

I think this is doable. Bill and I were talking about the necessity of paying off debt. We both finally feel that this is what we need to do. So hopefully I can start doing that this month.

So there you have it. There is my September Savings Challenge.

Thank you Carla for bringing this on.

1 comment: