Friday, March 22, 2013

Got lectured by my 6 year old

I work in an after-school care program at my daughter's school. Because of this, I allow her to go the the program and then she just comes home with me when I get off.

Well, last night as we were leaving school, Rebecca asked me a question and then proceeded to lecture me....

Here is how the conversation went:

Rebecca: "Mommy, do you know what we are having for dinner?"

Me: "No, I have no idea."

Rebecca: "Why not?"

Me: "Because I didn't plan anything."

Rebecca: "Why not?"

Me: "Because Daddy and Benjamin have been sick and I just didn't."

Rebecca: " But Mommy you always menu plan. You are supposed to menu plan so that we know what we are having for dinner. You need to menu plan."

I think this was a quick kick in the behind for me...It showed me that she is watching and listening to what I am doing. I have been really bad this week about dinner and NOT menu planning and just flying by the seat of my pants. This has led to some unhealthy dinners and quick, processed foods.

My plan is tonight to make a menu for next week and see what I need to get at the store. I really need to get back to it... If not for my own benefit, but so that my daughter realizes that yes it is important and I take her seriously when she says I need to menu plan.

Have your kids ever lectured you over something that you should be doing?



No comments:

Post a Comment