Gratitude Sunday #2

Over on facebook, many of my family and friends and people that I have been following are taking this month to share things that they are grateful for heading up to Thanksgiving.

I have decided to follow along but in my own way....here on my blog...

Life is so precious and I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything that is going on that often I am not taking the time to be grateful for what I do have and the good things in life.

Now is the time to change that.

I hope to come back here every Sunday and tell things that I am thankful for....one for each day of that week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been a rough week for me. I haven't been feeling very well--been run down and fighting some sort of odd cold most of the week. But that doesn't mean that I am not grateful this week. For this week I am grateful for:

My mother-in-law--- she is a great grandmother to my kids. She adores them and I know that she doesn't like that we don't live closer, however I think in her own way she does understand. She turned 80 on Monday and I know that my children are blessed to still have her to be a part of their lives.

Elections---I am grateful to live in a country where the citizens can use their voice and their vote to make a difference. In our community, we only had to vote on a school district levy renewal and on some council seats. Even though it wasn't a large election, I am grateful that the school district levy passed. Rebecca attends a private school, but the plan is for her to go to the city high school so I support the local school district as much as I can now to ensure a good future school for her.

My work--- I work part time and my work schedule usually allows me to be home with the kids while Bill is at work and such so that I don't have to pay childcare. It is rewarding work with the kids, even with office politics going on. It was a crazy week at school with lots of schedule craziness but I am blessed and grateful to have a job.

Babysitters when I need them--- On Thursday, Bill had to go to a meeting in Columbus and would not be back for when I needed to go to work. My sister thankfully was able to come over and watch the boys for a while while I needed to be at work until Bill came home. Then that night, a good friend watched the kids for about an hour so Bill and I could go to Rebecca's parent-teacher conference.

A day off work---As much as I like my job, I enjoy having a day off now and then when I can be with my 3 kids at home and include Rebecca in some of my things that I needed to do....I was able to take her to the grocery store with me and even with 3 kids in tow, I managed to save 50% on my grocery bill! I haven't had a shop like that in at least 3-4 years.

My hubby--- I know I said I was grateful for him last week as well. But he has really stepped it up this week. On Saturday I really did not feel good and he folded 5 loads of laundry for me and allowed me to nap while he played with the 3 kiddos and fixed them lunch. He didn't say one word, except that he hated not seeing me feel well. I am so blessed that he stepped it up in the midst of football playoffs and basketball previews coming due.

So there you have it! It was a rough week for me physically, but there have been many things to be grateful for!

What are you grateful for today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 5th birthday Benjamin!

Weigh In Wednesday #15 of 2017

Cleaning and decluttering this weekend