Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gratitude Sunday #2

Over on facebook, many of my family and friends and people that I have been following are taking this month to share things that they are grateful for heading up to Thanksgiving.

I have decided to follow along but in my own way....here on my blog...

Life is so precious and I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything that is going on that often I am not taking the time to be grateful for what I do have and the good things in life.

Now is the time to change that.

I hope to come back here every Sunday and tell things that I am thankful for....one for each day of that week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been a rough week for me. I haven't been feeling very well--been run down and fighting some sort of odd cold most of the week. But that doesn't mean that I am not grateful this week. For this week I am grateful for:

My mother-in-law--- she is a great grandmother to my kids. She adores them and I know that she doesn't like that we don't live closer, however I think in her own way she does understand. She turned 80 on Monday and I know that my children are blessed to still have her to be a part of their lives.

Elections---I am grateful to live in a country where the citizens can use their voice and their vote to make a difference. In our community, we only had to vote on a school district levy renewal and on some council seats. Even though it wasn't a large election, I am grateful that the school district levy passed. Rebecca attends a private school, but the plan is for her to go to the city high school so I support the local school district as much as I can now to ensure a good future school for her.

My work--- I work part time and my work schedule usually allows me to be home with the kids while Bill is at work and such so that I don't have to pay childcare. It is rewarding work with the kids, even with office politics going on. It was a crazy week at school with lots of schedule craziness but I am blessed and grateful to have a job.

Babysitters when I need them--- On Thursday, Bill had to go to a meeting in Columbus and would not be back for when I needed to go to work. My sister thankfully was able to come over and watch the boys for a while while I needed to be at work until Bill came home. Then that night, a good friend watched the kids for about an hour so Bill and I could go to Rebecca's parent-teacher conference.

A day off work---As much as I like my job, I enjoy having a day off now and then when I can be with my 3 kids at home and include Rebecca in some of my things that I needed to do....I was able to take her to the grocery store with me and even with 3 kids in tow, I managed to save 50% on my grocery bill! I haven't had a shop like that in at least 3-4 years.

My hubby--- I know I said I was grateful for him last week as well. But he has really stepped it up this week. On Saturday I really did not feel good and he folded 5 loads of laundry for me and allowed me to nap while he played with the 3 kiddos and fixed them lunch. He didn't say one word, except that he hated not seeing me feel well. I am so blessed that he stepped it up in the midst of football playoffs and basketball previews coming due.

So there you have it! It was a rough week for me physically, but there have been many things to be grateful for!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment