Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude Sunday

Over on facebook, many of my family and friends and people that I have been following are taking this month to share things that they are grateful for heading up to Thanksgiving.

I have decided to follow along but in my own way....here on my blog...

Life is so precious and I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything that is going on that often I am not taking the time to be grateful for what I do have and the good things in life.

Now is the time to change that.

I hope to come back here every Sunday and tell things that I am thankful for....one for each day of that week.

For today, I am going to do three things (to take care of Nov 1, 2, and 3rd) that I am grateful for....



FIRST: I am grateful for my husband. Yes he drives me insane at times, but he works hard for our family, he loves me unconditionally, and he adores our children. He says what he means. He is not fake. He is trying to better himself for our family and that is so important to me.


SECOND: I am grateful for my children. Each one has a unique personality and lovable things about them. They may be high maintenance at times, but they provide me with such enjoyment and a sense of love when I look at each one of them.

THIRD: I am grateful for our church community. We have been going to church as a family and Bill is in the process of joining the Catholic Church. The community that we live in cares so much for our family, as witnessed this past week when Jacob was at the hospital with pneumonia...we got so many messages on facebook and when I went back to work everyone kept asking about how he was. That is so awesome. I have been apart of other church communities that do not have that same sense of community. I am grateful that we have found one that is.

It is important to have and show gratitude in your life. This is a small way I can show mine.

What are you grateful or thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Our church (we are also Catholic) is like that too, and I am so happy that my oldest gets to go to school there as well. So many little ways to have such a rich community. I am also doing the grateful days on Facebook and it is super fun! I love that picture of your kids, it shows the true chaos and joy of having children. :)

    ReplyDelete