Monday, February 10, 2014

My Weekly Goals

Inspired by Crystal Paine's new book "Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life " , I have decided to start making a list of 10 weekly goals that I hope to accomplish this week. Each week I hope to post a listing of my goals for the week in the categories of: marriage, mothering, personal, blogging and homemaking.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


FIRST LET'S RECAP LAST WEEK:

My goals for last week were:

MARRIAGE GOALS: 
  • Leave a love note for Bill on nights he works late  did this 3 times! 
  • Figure out what to get Bill for Valentine's Day  bought on Saturday! 
MOTHERING GOALS:
  • Read a book to each child before bed each night
  • Clean out toys in living room and bring play kitchen down for kids to play with
HOMEMAKING GOALS:
  • Clean out file box for 2013 and begin filing for 2014
  • File taxes for 2013  (this one I am counting as done, even though I have to mail off our city tax papers; but federal and state are done and submitted!)
PERSONAL GOALS: 
  • Exercise each day (in line with my big February goal)-- I got in 3 days of exercise
  • ONE soda a day-- NO
BLOGGING GOALS:
  • Write 3 book reviews and publish at least 1 this week--I got one published, still 2 to go.
  • Kroger Simple Truth review written and posted-- NOPE
So....I did much better on my marriage, mothering and homemaking goals, but not so much on my personal and blogging goals. Will have to step it up this week.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my goals for this week: 

MARRIAGE GOALS:

  • Date night with Bill
  • Write a love note to Bill each night he works late
MOTHERING GOALS:
  • Read a book to each child before bed, at least 5 days this week
  • Sign Rebecca up for Spring softball league
  • Make Valentine's brownies for Rebecca's class party on Friday
HOMEMAKING GOALS:
  • Catch up on laundry and stay caught up
PERSONAL GOALS:
  • Exercise at least 4 days this week
  • Eat at least 1 fruit or veggie with each meal
BLOGGING GOALS:
  • Write 2 book reviews and post
  • Write Kroger Simple Truth review and post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about you? Do you make weekly goals?
 Care to share what your weekly goals are? 

6 comments:

  1. After you posted about this book, I joined the book review program and requested it.. you're so right! It's an awesome book and i've started implementing goals like this as well! I just posted today! :) Love you goals, Rachel! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make weekly goals but every night I write a list of things I want to accomplish the next day. I usually get about 90% done. Like today I'm trying to catch up on laundry too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make a daily list too, but I found that I was going overboard and not allowing everyday life to happen and I would get frustrated with not getting 100% of stuff done. I do go into each day with what is most important to get done that day though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taxes are one thing that are on my list to do this week. I need to get on that possibly even later today. Hearing all these people like you who have them done is motivating me. The government doesn't need my money any longer :)

    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete