Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

I am joining Sandra today over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for her Happy Homemaker Monday theme!

This weekend was VERY busy...Rebecca had softball practice on Friday night, then Saturday bright and early was softball opening day, where they introduce every girl by name in the league for every team. Then Jacob had a soccer game at noon, Rebecca had softball pictures at 1:10 and she had her first game at 2:00. That night, Bill took Rebecca to her school for a daddy/daughter date as the White Castle truck was in town and they were doing dinner and a movie. The boys and I stayed home and had McDonald's for dinner and just chilled. Yesterday we had church, then I spent the day doing laundry (10 loads!) and cleaning house. This week looks to be just as busy....




As I look outside my window:::
It is grey outside. We are supposed to have showers today with highs only in the 50s; Later this week we are supposed to have temperatures in the 80s.

Right now I am::: 
Typing out this post, thinking of the things I need to do today and this week.

Thinking and pondering:::
On what the rest of this month looks like. Thinking about what I need to do this week.  

On my bedside table:::
Autumn in Carthage by Christopher Zenos

Plain Faith: A True Story of Tragedy, Loss and Leaving the Amish by Ora-Jay and Irene Eash and Tricia Goyer

On my TV tonight:::

MONDAY: ????
TUESDAY: 19 Kids and Counting, Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.
WEDNESDAY: ???
THURSDAY: ???
FRIDAY: ???
SATURDAY: ???
SUNDAY:??? 

Listening to:::
Jacob is watching the Sprout Sunny Side up Show; it is his absolute favorite. Benjamin is laying on the ground playing with his car that makes noise.   


On the menu for this week:::

BREAKING NEWS::: I actually have a meal plan AGAIN for this week! :)


Monday - tacos and Spanish rice
Tuesday - chicken tenders, baked french fries, fruit 

Wednesday- ham and cheese roll ups, pasta salad, fruit
Thursday- pizza and fruit
Friday- hot dogs, carrots
Saturday- Cajun chicken, broccoli, julienne potatoes
Sunday- ??? Am not sure what we are doing for Mother's Day yet. 

On my to do list:::
Laundry-- try to stay caught up this week.

Collect all recycling and trash and take it to the curb
clean desk area
Put Jacob's big wheel together
Put kids' water table together
Research vacation ideas

Happening this week:::
Monday: Snack shopping for work, work

Tuesday: Benjamin has a speech evaluation, work, American Heritage Girls board meeting
Wednesday: School Mass- Rebecca has been chosen as the first grade attendant for their May crowning Mass, work
Thursday: I have a meeting, work
Friday: End of the year party with kids at work, Rebecca has a softball game

Saturday: Jacob has a soccer game and Rebecca has a softball game
Sunday: Mother's Day

My simple pleasure:::
Being Mom

Looking around the house:::
The house is pretty clean after the clean up yesterday. I have lunch to make in a few minutes.
  
From the camera:::


I was gifted 2 dozen farm fresh eggs from one of the students at our school. His new project is raising chickens and selling the eggs. Well my mother bought 4 dozen and gifted us 2 dozen. I fried 2 this morning and they are so yummy. Much tastier than store bought. I have never had farm fresh eggs before; I was surprised by the different hues of the egg shells. Yum! 

Prayer List:::
For Bill, as he job searches. For things going on this week. For my mom's foot. For my sister and she is in her last month of high school. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12 
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great Monday! 
What is going on in your area of the world? 

4 comments:

  1. I got my first 2 dozen farm fresh eggs for the first time in forever and can't wait to eat some. I've always preferred farm fresh to store bought. Your menu looks great for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in a small village while I was growing up and my dad always kept chickens so we had fresh eggs daily. The taste of fresh eggs is so much better than after they've sat in the store for a month! Such a busy week - remember to take some time for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh eggs, it's one of the reasons I get so excited when the Farmer's Market comes back in Spring.

    We also watch Agents of Shield and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete