Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I have been up to...

Time is flying by. The last couple weeks of May and these first couple weeks of June have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! I thought once school let out that things would slow down but not so much. Here are a few things that I have been up to...

Rebecca and Jacob are/were playing sports. Jacob's last soccer game was a couple of Saturdays ago. Rebecca has another week and a half of softball season before we get a break.


Look who has decided to finally start climbing steps. We were at my sister-in-laws house for a family reunion and Benjamin decided to just start climbing the steps by himself. When he isn't climbing steps, he has started having speech therapy sessions once a week. We are supposed to be working with him on signs, but honestly he is fighting us on it a lot and it is frustrating to me. 


We attended a family reunion at my sister in laws house. My brother in law comes to visit once a year from Indiana and we get everyone together. It was a fun evening. This was the first year that the kids all played together. (There is Rebecca, Jacob, Benjamin and 3 other cousins (one is older--14) but the other 2 are Rebecca and Jacob's age.) I always feel out of place at the reunions, as we are the only ones who have more than 1 child and we live our lives with different priorities, but it is important to spend time with the family. 


On Sunday June 1, I went to my sister's high school graduation. I was a junior in high school when she was born. It made me feel old that she is graduated and just turned 18. The graduation ceremony was nice. It was very hot outside and I got a bad sunburn on my back, despite putting on sunscreen. The only downside was right after this picture was taken a fight broke out behind us and there were at least 2 people charged with assault as a result. 


Then on Tuesday June 3, it was Rebecca's last day of 1st grade. Where has time gone? Seriously didn't she just start in Pre-K? She was looking forward to the last day of school, but she also didn't want it to end.  


The same day as her last day of school, was also my brother's eighth grade graduation from the same school. I was a junior in college when he was born. It was a nice ceremony as well, as they had it in conjunction with the last all school mass. 


With summer break officially on us, we have been still be quite busy. And there have been a few afternoons that the boys have crashed on the couch/chairs asleep. 


One of the highlights of this week has been Jacob and Rebecca attending our church's vacation bible school. I wasn't sure how Jacob would do, but he has done great. When I take him and drop him off he leaves me in line to sign him in and he goes and finds his group and sits down and has a blast. When I come back to pick him up, he cries because he doesn't want to leave. 


So overall, these last few weeks have been crazy busy with LOTS going on. Add in a job interview that was a complete waste of time, and my hubby's work schedule then it gets even crazier. But it is our life and I am trying to enjoy every day with it's ups and downs and everything in between. 

How is your June going? 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, Woman! When do you sleep?

    Crazy busy! Hope it all calms down soon and you get to enjoy some of the summer. Well, from the smiles in the pictures, you are enjoying it some, just a neck-breaking speed. :)

    ReplyDelete